• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alex Ross Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

Nice:)

heroesvillainsRossRomitaLitBIG.jpg

Hey that looks pretty cool. I only recognize half of the characters though. And what's up with spider-man(top right)? He looks kinda weird...

EnGarde said:
Hey that looks pretty cool. I only recognize half of the characters though. And what's up with spider-man(top right)? He looks kinda weird...

That's how he looks as a Macy's balloon.

And why is MJ in the center?

So a huge chunk of the X-Men are absent, no Charles Xavier, no Silver Surfer, no Nightcrawler, not even a Magneto...

But the Rhino dude is in there!

hXc_thugg

ArcadeStickMonk said:
So a huge chunk of the X-Men are absent, no Charles Xavier, no Silver Surfer, no Nightcrawler, not even a Magneto...

But the Rhino dude is in there!

It's Spider-Man themed, yo'.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
KarishBHR said:
someone make this into a wallpaper

Why not just center it on a white-color background in Windows? It has an option to resize it if it's too wide resolution-wise to fit on your screen.

hXc_thugg

ArcadeStickMonk said:
So he's responsible for rhino-guys, bird-men, and black guys in low cut shirts, but they subbed it out when it was time for the characters not to suck?

He did create The Rhino, but most of the other characters are just characters he used during his run.

Dujour

Banned
If you don't know who John Romita is, you probably think this picture sucks. He (and his son) helped make spidey what/who he is today. Some of the best stories come from Sr.'s time. That's why MJ's int he center. It's Sr.'s pencils with Ross' paint. While he's not as good as he was in his prime because he's out of practice (even some recent work he did in Amazing a few years ago kinda sucked), this is as good as he can get today. Good god, I love this poster. Unappreciative imbeciles! Idiots. :mad:

BojTrek

Banned
I don't like most of his Marvel drawings... I love his DC works...

http://www.alexrossart.com/

I asked my wife to buy Mythology for Christmas... Mythology is a huge book with his DC comic drawings... I would love a framed poster of one his drawings...

BojTrek said:
I don't like most of his Marvel drawings... I love his DC works...

http://www.alexrossart.com/

I asked my wife to buy Mythology for Christmas... Mythology is a huge book with his DC comic drawings... I would love a framed poster of one his drawings...
My recommendation:

jlaposter.jpg

22" x 58", $19.95, on sale in January.

I've got this one framed and hanging on my wall:

jlaposter.jpg

I like the JLA poster, but it really ought to have Firestorm in it, and not Captain Marvel.

It' seems like it's League + Friends, and Cap was never really a League-hanger-on like Adam Strange or Metamorpho. Firestorm, on the othe hand, is the only member of the Satellite-era League missing.

BojTrek

Banned
I have this poster... I am pretty sure... I bought it over a year ago, it is still unopened (in the tube form) and I want it framed...

JLA_promo_posterlg.jpg

Thats pretty goddamn shitty in my opinion. Wolverine looks like a pole-smoker and Spider-Man is all fucked up. Who the hell is this guy? He's worse than Rob Leifield.

My fave has to be the massive Crisis on Infinite Earth painting. Simply amazing.

Property of Microsoft said:
Thats pretty goddamn shitty in my opinion. Wolverine looks like a pole-smoker and Spider-Man is all fucked up. Who the hell is this guy? He's worse than Rob Leifield.

What the fuck....

his DC stuff has always been better than his marvel stuff. he makes them look like gods.
p.s: alex ross only paints characters that he likes so that's why captain marvel is on the poster instead of firestorm.

shut up you.

silver_age_jla800.jpg

clearly they are superior to us. i bow down to my new masters. see how they look down on us puny humans? specially superman and batman?

It's just weird that it would be that complete and missing exactly one member.

That shot on the stairs makes it even more apparaent-- in the first one, you could say it was from before Firestorm joined, and Zatanna is there as a long-time friend of the league-- but the steps shot has non non-members at all, and Zatanna joined after Firestorm, I believe.

Ignatz Mouse said:
It's just weird that it would be that complete and missing exactly one member.

That shot on the stairs makes it even more apparaent-- in the first one, you could say it was from before Firestorm joined, and Zatanna is there as a long-time friend of the league-- but the steps shot has non non-members at all, and Zatanna joined after Firestorm, I believe.

i thought zattana joined before firestorm. i know for sure both of them were gone before the vibe/steel joke of a justice league.

That's because they are in their classical costume.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Littleberu said:
That's because they are in their classical costume.
no, it's because John Romita Sr. did the pencil work, and i don't recall a single thing he's drawn of merit in the last 20 years. quick, someone get Stan Lee to write some new material!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom