• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "Arc The Lad" game information coming 7/30

Shouta

For all like 5 of the fans, including me, a new twitter account and homepage for a new Arc The Lad title just came up. It was announced back in 2016 that there would be something new coming for it though there was barely a peep until now.

Twitter:
Site: https://arcthelad.com/

For the folks that don't know the series, it was a million-selling RPG that was released in the first year of the Playstation back in 1994/1995 making it one of the first major RPG releases on the console. It really showed off the graphics and the music capabilities of the system at the time. It spawned several additional games and an anime series following its success. It was released in the US by Working Designs in a massive multi-game collection. A good thing because the first game was like 6 hours long. The next two were much meatier with Arc The Lad II being one of my favorite games on the PSX.

In any case, I'm pretty excited, even if it's a smartphone game...

Arc The lad 1 Opening

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
I actually had Arc the Lad collection while they are good games, man that is a helluva lot of the same gameplay over and over.

Dunki

Damn I have not played an ARC game in such a long time. Is it a Sony owned Studio? I just hope it is not on switch since I do not have one^^

theclaw135

Banned
Damn I have not played an ARC game in such a long time. Is it a Sony owned Studio? I just hope it is not on switch since I do not have one^^

No. Sony owns the franchise, but isn't developing this game.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Love tots and love the style of combat, free form movement, cones of attack, turn based. I hope they keep it like that

I hope it is like arc the lad 2 as well. If you curious about the series there is an anime series that goes over the plot of arc the lad 2. It kind of has a japanese cyberpunk flavor to it.

Top Bottom