• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Beck album is out there.. somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling nice, so I'll share a song with you lot. Farking Awesome I tell you.. judging from the 4 songs I've heard.

This song is called "Guero"

The album is untitled as of yet... I'm not downloading the whole thing out of respect for the Beckster.. but I'm an impatient twat so I had to check a few songs out.

Pretty good, nice to hear he's back to doing fun music (not that his previous releases weren't incredible). Share another track or two later on if you would.

Gribbix

Also, someone who works at a record store in Indianapolis posted these pics of a lable-less vinyl that Interscope sent them. Turns out that it had four songs from the new album.

beck2.jpg

beck4.jpg

beck1.jpg

Teddman

Pretty good. He's back with the Dust Bros. on this album, the production duo that did his Odelay album and the B-Boys' Paul's Boutique, so I expect great things. I dig his hip-hop/fusion style albums better than the folky ones.

White Man

Since we're using yousendit to post songs, here's one I've been listening to all day. It's never been released on CD.

It's by Units. As near as I can tell the song is from 1980, pre-sequencers/software. The wall of synths is all played by hand. Reminds me, vaguely, of the Digital He-Diva genre that's risen over the past 2 years (Postal Service, Patrick Wolf, Bright Eyes). Good stuff. Very organic, and not sterile, like the current stuff.

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XN332RV5DQD5152JUTDAVQ6H3

EDIT: If anyone is interested, I have a rather large library of new-wave/post-punk songs that nobody will ever hear unless I make them available online. I recorded a lot of stuff from my vinyl collection onto mp3 CDs before I moved, and one of the CDs made its way into my luggage when I moved.

White Man said:
EDIT: If anyone is interested, I have a rather large library of new-wave/post-punk songs that nobody will ever hear unless I make them available online. I recorded a lot of stuff from my vinyl collection onto mp3 CDs before I moved, and one of the CDs made its way into my luggage when I moved.

I think that would be most capital.

White Man

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MQ3FZK6A51V02QS2FK58AK808

Rip Rig & Panic - My Kind of Season

Sounds very funky, almost worldy. This band was started by the drummer from the much loved post-punk art terrorist band The Pop Group. The actual album is kind of bleh, but this song is a standout. Never released on CD. I'm trying to pick songs that have been out of print for 15-20 years, to keep in the good graces of the mods. All these people are either born-again Christians or (hopefully) dead by now. I guess a large number of them are probably like, principals in UK grammar schools now, too, living in fear of their potentially embarassing new wave past.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Thanks Star Power & White Man.

I guess this is a good a place as any to ask if anyone's tracked down the new Daft Punk cd yet...

White Man

Hmmm, I think one of my friends was trying to link me to a new Daft Punk thing last night. Let me see.

EDIT:

http://www.djmelee.com/daft_robot_rock.mpg

Apparently a video clip of a live DJ set that played the new song. I dunno. That's what I was told.

EDIT: Shitty video quality, but the audio is decent. Have NO IDEA if it's Daft Punk or not. Does sound Daft Punk-y.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
White Man said:
Hmmm, I think one of my friends was trying to link me to a new Daft Punk thing last night. Let me see.

EDIT:

http://www.djmelee.com/daft_robot_rock.mpg

Apparently a video clip of a live DJ set that played the new song. I dunno. That's what I was told.

EDIT: Shitty video quality, but the audio is decent. Have NO IDEA if it's Daft Punk or not. Does sound Daft Punk-y.
Thanks for the effort, I think I'll just wait for the tracks to surface though.

Substance

Enough of this elite PM stuff, somebody please link the album tracks here, or something to the effect of Star Power's posting of 'Guero'.

Meier

I never care about the albums posted on here but I do in this case. Let's stop beating around the bush and post the link please!

From what I hear, these are just demos/unmastered tracks... which bodes for the new album since they're so FARKING AWESOME.

Checking out that song you posted now Whitie. The new Daft punk track (if that is it) sounds gr8.

Gribbix

Star Power said:
From what I hear, these are just demos/unmastered tracks... which bodes for the new album since they're so FARKING AWESOME.

Yeah, the guy who took the picture of the promo vinyl above says that the ones on the vinyl are much better. He said those versions (possibly remixes) were "more gameboy oriented" and much more fun and original. In fact, he said that the leaked stuff online is very dissapointing compared to the promo tracks.

Yeah, that's what I read. But it doesn't make much sense to put only remixes on a promo album.. plus these leaks do sound very unfinished, so I'm betting that these are just demos. Good stuff though.

mattiewheels

Thank you thank you thank you for the Beck link.

Now, anyone who knows where the new Daft Punk is, Please let Me know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom