• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Ghost Recon X360 trailer

JMPovoa said:
Nothing gets near the initial videos.

It still looks unpolished in some areas like frame rate and textures. But hey, it's a Ghost Recon game, they never aimed for graphics really...

Ghost Recon 2 on Xbox is a really great looking game though.

olimario

Banned
+Great scope
+Everything seems to have a shadow
+Some nice animation

-models don't seem improved much
-slowdown
-some 'blah' textures

Considering it's Ghost Recon and it has never been the best looking series, I'd say it looks pretty good. We'll see what the 360 can do when SC4 hits.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looking awesome. though i never saw anything all that wrong with th x05 stuff aside from glitches and some animations...

vas

They better do something about that framerate. The scary thing is that the trailer itself is quite polished, very official looking. If that wasn't a fair representation of the final game I don't think they would have released that. I have a feeling they will not achieve a smooth frame rate, unless they decide to cut back on some graphics effects/features.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
vas said:
They better do something about that framerate. The scary thing is that the trailer itself is quite polished, very official looking. If that wasn't a fair representation of the final game I don't think they would have released that. I have a feeling they will not achieve a smooth frame rate, unless they decide to cut back on some graphics effects/features.

It's not due out for another three months. There is no reason why they would have to cut back on graphical effects or features to get a smooth framerate.

Anyway the trailer looks really nice. Some good animation and some excellent shadows & lighting in there.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I love, Love, LOVE the GRAW theme.....very cinematic.....this a diffrent version of the music for this trailer....I would very much like it if they give us some discrete cinematic music (Along the lines of MGS-type stuff) during gameplay.......the music they selected for GRAW is so nice, IMO...

Yeah...although it doesn't look as good as the E3 stuff, it *is* a big improvement from the early X05 stuff.....I have never played Ghost Recon before, but I am really looking forward to GRAW and I am crossing my fingers that this game will turn out well...

I am VERY HAPPY they delayed this game......they need to polish it up as much as possible...

The GRAW rollercoaster is on the upswing for me :)

Fuma

Banned
Looked really good to me as well. I would like to see a 720p version to see if how close the texture detail is to the E3 version. Hopefully this will show up on the trailers section to download via xbox live.

*note* A really cool feature that ive noticed on the xbox live with the 360 is high rez trailer downloads...Hopefully the ones that pop up on the web will soon find their way to the trailer downoads on xbox live.

Lo-Volt

It's an improvement, I'm sure, but they still have a few months to go. I'm not a fan of this sort of game, but I am intrigued. Nice explosions, by the way.

J2 Cool

It's getting there. The helicopter stuff looks intense. Looking like a damn fun game to play. Some parts look weaker visually and some better. The explosion though is not as impressive as that initial trailer at all. Same with animation, though I've come to accept that. It's not bad.

shpankey

not an idiot
JMPovoa said:
Nothing gets near the initial videos.

It still looks unpolished in some areas like frame rate and textures. But hey, it's a Ghost Recon game, they never aimed for graphics really...
exactly. this series has actually always had below average graphics (though the character models have always been impressive for some reason). getting any kind of good graphics with this game will just be a bonus :lol for fans of this series. the amazing gameplay is where the bread and butter is at.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
shpankey said:
exactly. this series has actually always had below average graphics (though the character models have always been impressive for some reason). getting any kind of good graphics with this game will just be a bonus :lol for fans of this series. the amazing gameplay is where the bread and butter is at.

Yes, solid gameplay, especially online, is the hallmark of what makes Ghost Recon fun.

Bebpo

Banned
If they can fix the framerate (some of the parts in the trailer look realllly bad), then it should be a great looking game. So now the only question is if they can do it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I thought it looked a bit poor. Like a souped up Xbox game. Apart from the helicopter bit where its obviously drawing a long way

Still, never played a Ghost Recon game, so if they are any good generally I'll try it out. It does look *fun*

Top Bottom