• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New HotSpot - Why does this get no luv?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
New HotSpot Episode out...yesterday.

Sony calls the Wii an impulse buy, yet in Japan Nintendo's system is outselling the PS3 at a 4 to 1 rate! Plus, 2K's (finally) ready for some football, DVD Empire stops selling games, Dan Aykroyd is prepping for a Ghostbusters game, and everybody's favorite handheld with two screens wants to hear more about your mother.

Clicky clicky

Im not a huge fan of Gamespots video stuff (Rich Gallop is fun but i swear he doesnt blink) but their audio stuff is awesome, LISTEN NOW!

Last week they had the all important, Xbox 360 or a Set of 250 Knives from the shopping network debate.

Brashnir

Sony calls the Wii an impulse buy, yet in Japan Nintendo's system is outselling the PS3 at a 4 to 1 rate!

How does that counter the notion that the Wii is an impulse buy? If anything his counterpoint supports the point he's trying to discredit.

SPEA

Ghost said:
Last week they had the all important, Xbox 360 or a Set of 250 Knives from the shopping network debate.
i don't listen to this podcast often, but i heard last weeks. i was dying laughing at the knives set stuff.

Grug

I never miss the HotSpot. Best gaming podcast on the web bar none.

The idiotic voicemail messages they used to play were irritating but they seem to be picking better callers these days.

Grug said:
I never miss the HotSpot. Best gaming podcast on the web bar none.

The idiotic voicemail messages they used to play were irritating but they seem to be picking better callers these days.
What about the numchucks?

SickBoy

I don't think this is a great podcast. The best production values of any I've listened to, but to me, the guys who do it seemed annoying and fake (and the subject matter is generally done on others, but better).

Disclaimer: This post is based on previous experience, I haven't listened to this latest episode.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
SickBoy said:
I don't think this is a great podcast. The best production values of any I've listened to, but to me, the guys who do it seemed annoying and fake (and the subject matter is generally done on others, but better).

Disclaimer: This post is based on previous experience, I haven't listened to this latest episode.

I feel this way about some of their video stuff, especially compared to 1ups stuff it just feels too staged. The audio stuff though i think is a lot more genuine & relaxed (the latest stuff anyway).

Top Bottom