• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New in-depth 4Gamer interview with FFXV and Kingsglaive directors Tabata and Nozue

Koozek

It's a matter of taste but I really like both designs, gives me a sephiroth vibe. koozek seems like you prefer the westernized designs of kingsglaive huh? ;P
I'M NOT RACIST BUT
They really hit the right spot for me, yeah. It's almost perfect, imo, and how I would love future mainline FFs to look like. But I admit, some of the less important characters do look a bit too generic, but I guess they are supposed to be more like "NPC"s with the main characters having more distinct designs. Nyx is already one of my absolute favorite FF designs ever.

giphy.gif

Based Nozue.

There is a reason for this, TBH he look likes the perfect match to rival Noctis.

Cn0hnRPWAAAwf9u.jpg
Would've liked a villain that's less on the nose. Sephiroth 2.0 is too predictable. I actually thought Caius in FFXIII-2 was pretty refreshing.

Ishida

Banned
Would've liked a villain that's less on the nose. Sephiroth 2.0 is too predictable. I actually thought Caius in FFXIII-2 was pretty refreshing.

Caius looks a lot more like a cliche villain than Ravus.

I hated Caius' design. And I hated him as a villain overall.

Ketaya

Those in my post are from today's direct-feed screens of last week's scans.

Ah okay, everything fine then.

Personally I prefer game Ravus over the movie version, simply because I think he looks less like Jamie Lannister (I just started watching GoT).
And to me he seems more interesting, less generic. I think it's the shape of his face.
For Luna I interestingly prefer the movie version, though.

Koozek

Caius looks a lot more like a cliche villain than Ravus.

I hated Caius' design. And I hated him as a villain overall.

Okay, I take that back a bit now that I think about it, though he doesn't look as obviously grim and evil as Ravus. What I actually meant was his personality that wasn't as clear black and white when you knew his background story, which actually had something strangely... sad and melancholic to it almost (one of the few moments that felt even remotely sincere or touching in the FFXIII-saga, imo). Now the comparison of their personality is not fair, of course, as long as we haven't played FFXV, so I'll stop and wait.

Huh? what white haired guy is supposed to be the hooded guy?

Yeah, he got the same outfit it's just the first time we see him without the hood covering his face.
ffxv-encapuchado.jpg

I don't know what you mean by this.....

I'm guessing the Roberto part since I think he's credit for creating many side characters in this game if I'm remembering correctly.

The full scan only has Nomura as Main character designer at the bottom.

Ahh I see, I always thought Nomura and Roberto sort of did the characters together.

No wonder SE was such a mess. They even say here that they thought they suck. A studio from mostly Polish background has better "know how" than Japan developers which were making games since 80s. Crazy.

That level of clueless-ness in a company like square enix is hard to believe.

Top Bottom