• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New metronome movie (possible 360 title)

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Nice pictures, but passed on the weird German(?) maze of buttons to download for the movie.

Edit: Not working :(

black_13

Banned
Liquid said:
supposedly MS was interested.
oh yeah good old M$.

Get the developer to think you're gonna support them all the way then when it's 3-4 months from release dump them for good with the excuse of "lack of mass apeal" then just hope another sucker like Majesco or EA picks it up and publishes it.

After it all it works great, by that time it's way too late to start developing it for another platform and so they get it exclusively.

freaking sweet, ive been watchign this game for a while now. We need more next gen games like this! Seems pretty ambitious, i hope they pull it off well

Lo-Volt

This and darkSector have done an impressive disappearing act since the spring of this year, but Metronome's aesthetic sensibilities are very interesting to me now that I've seen this Leipzig (?) video. I hope these two games come out of publisher-less purgatory by the end of this story.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
An innovative platformer with dark/twisted art direction?

DOOOOOOOMED.

Liquid

Banned
the part where he was standing on the overpass and you could see down onto the city streets was sweet. next gen is gonna own.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That looked really neat. I hope this game is able to safely see release and actually no completely fail...

aaaaa0

black_13 said:
oh yeah good old M$.

Get the developer to think you're gonna support them all the way then when it's 3-4 months from release dump them for good with the excuse of "lack of mass apeal" then just hope another sucker like Majesco or EA picks it up and publishes it.

After it all it works great, by that time it's way too late to start developing it for another platform and so they get it exclusively.

Actually MS is one of the best publishers to work with, in terms of providing producer support, budget and pay/perks:

Game Developer Magazine said:
Code:
Publisher   Score       Producer    Milestone           Pay and        Average Game 
                        Rating      Payment Rating      Perks          Review Score 

EA          254         8.52        8.5                 8.91           81
Activision  229         9.25        9.60                9.40           65.4
Microsoft   227.5       9.60        9.85                10.00          80.56
Nintendo    219         8.50        10.00               8.50           76.08
Sony        213         9.18        9.55                8.50           75.07
Ubisoft     205         9.48        8.05                9.25           70.25          
Konami      203         8.80        10.00               8.50           67.03
THQ         199.5       9.31        9.42                8.50           65.68
Sega        198.5       8.65        7.60                9.40           70.55
Take 2      195.5       9.40        7.60                8.50           69
Namco       194.5       9.10        10.00               10.00          74.30
Vivendi     180         8.73        8.92                9.0            68.93
Atari       174.5       8.84        7.68                8.20           67.63
SCI/Eidos   167         9.70        9.70                8.50           70.94
Capcom      142         8.50        8.50                8.50           73.39
SquareEnix  134.5       8.50        8.50                8.50           71.90
Bandi       123         8.50        8.50                8.50           63.44
Codemasters 121.5       7.60        9.40                8.5            75.86
Midway      121         8.5         8.5                 8.5            78.20
LucasArts   115.5       8.5         8.5                 8.5            81.60
Methodology

The Game Developer Top 20 ranks publishers using a score calculated from each publisher's performance in several measures. First, a list of the top 30 publishers is drawn up based on revenue or, when revenue data is unavailable, estimates.

Then each publisher is given a score based on the following six measures: annual turnover; number of releases; average review score; quality of producers; reliability of milestone payments; and the quality of staff pay and perks.

Annual turnover figures come from the publisher's annual accounts or, when these are not public, from our own estimates based on the sales of games they release.

The number of releases, which counts the publication of the same game on different formats as seperate releases, comes from the publishers, or when they were unable to provide this information, from information on their web sites and dedicated gaming web sites.

The average review score ratings were based on information from gamerankings.com.

A confidential online survey of developers provided the data for the quality of producers, reliability of milestone payments, and the pay and perks.

The top 30 publishers were ranked according to each of the six measures. The lowest scoring publisher received a score of one, the next lowest a score of two and so on until the highest scoring publisher received a rating of 30. This was repeated for all measures and the totals were weighted and added together to give a final score which determined the Top 20 Publishers list for 2005.

Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within this article. But we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. We do not accept liability for any direct, indirect, or conseuqnetial loss arising from its use.

For the full article and table, see Game Developer Magazine.

Top Bottom