• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo DS Owner - My First Dead Pixel!

S-Wind

Yamaha98 said:
Good for you princess. Check out the ISO standards that provide acceptable pixel & subpixel defects for consumer electronics. You will find that many manufactures abid by the Class 2 level rating, which gives them usually less than 4 defects before they will accept an replacement. A Class 1 is essentially an "no-defect policy" that few manufactures fall into, if any.
The majority of the bitching in this thread about a single lit/unlit pixel sounds like an excuse to take advantage of Nintendo's genorisity. My 4G, 20G ipod has a dead pixel on the edge of the screen as does my 15" HP laptop from 2yrs ago but the world is not gonna crash here- its technically impossible to NOT have a issue w/ LCDs. Let it be, grow up.

I wish people would quite comparing dead pixels on a portable to dead pixels on laptops.

The average laptop screen has 1000+ times the number of pixels as the average portable screen. Therefore 1 or 2 dead pixels on a portable is a big deal, while 5 or 6 dead pixels are probably not even noticeable.

Apples to oranges.

My first GBA SPs 1 dead pixel. My second had 3 stuck pixels, and the third had 1 dead pixel.

In two of those cases the stores exchanged them. The first one could not be exchanged because it was the Limited Edition NES style and the store had none of those left. Nintendo of Canada was happy to exchange it for me.

~S-Wind

HAIL to the greatest advance in mass miscommunication that is The Internet!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
My cute pink import DS was perfectly fine until tonight. After playing some AW: DS I popped in Animal Crossing and found not only a dead pixel on the top screen but also a stuck and very noticable red pixel up there to! ;_; I don't wanna send away my DS for weeks (if I can at all since its a import) and mess up my AC town and miss out on the many great games I just got for Christmas! I don't mind the dead pixel but that red was is a glaring problem! :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
SpiffyG said:
Yes, there is no region protection. I assume you can change the language of the menu since my US DS has a language option.

Yes, you can change the language; there is no difference between DS systems from Asia and the U.S., but I don't think that Nintendo USA is going to offer warranty support for the system.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Or girls and princesses?

I never realized that accepting and living with defective products was a true test of rugged manliness! :lol

cvxfreak

Mejilan said:
Or girls and princesses?

I never realized that accepting and living with defective products was a true test of rugged manliness! :lol

You pansy it's not defective, they're bound to be like that!!!!!

If ONE DS has a perfect set of screens, then you are entitled to one of that condition. That's how it really works. :D

I replaced my DS 6 times before I snagged one with no dead pixels. I will not accept a flawed lcd display seeing how I'll be looking at it all the time. If that makes me a bitch then so be it. I'll be the bitch with the flawless DS and I can live with that.

The Dark One

Top Bottom