• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resistence screenshots (great explosions)

Safe Bet

Banned
J-Rzez said:
PC's had a rumble mouse i think, just it never caught on...
That's because the first thing anyone does that wants to be serious about competing in an online shooter is to turn rumble off when possible.

It interferes with aiming.

That's not a justification for the lack of rumble, though. :(

Safe Bet said:
That's because the first thing anyone does that wants to be serious about competing in an online shooter is to turn rumble off when possible.

That's not a justification for the lack of rumble, though. :([/spolier]
Rumble is the only good thing about not playing on a mouse/keyboard. That and analogue triggers.

Cheddar Gorge huh? Any GAFers live around there, or have been there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheddar_Gorge_and_Caves

cheddar3b.jpg

Safe Bet said:

That's not a justification for the lack of rumble, though. :(
it's a sad sad fact of many PC gamers that they will turn off things that make the games more immersive in order to get 'an edge' and be more competitive'.

you know, lets turn off all the lighting and make it really fish eyed. lets turn off any pain effects. lets use low res textures so the game loads quicker and you get in the level first... etc etc.

Dante

it's a sad sad fact of many PC gamers that they will turn off things that make the games more immersive in order to get 'an edge' and be more competitive

I'm a console gamer and I always turn rumble off on FPS, and Fighters.

Kittonwy

Banned
Striek said:
Wow those are some next-gen explosions. I think the Chimeras look so much better now, really awesome.

Looks like they've fixed nearly everything...

...except the ground textures ;)

Actually after watching the co-op alley battle at 1UP again, I think there's subtle bump-mapping on the ground, but it's difficult to notice in screenshots.

RavenFox

Banned
Funky Papa said:
If you want to troll something at least you could point out the filthy lack of anisotropic filtering.

Once again: Insomniac, stop aiming for 1080p and put some nice AF instead. Don't be retarded.

the game shifts to a grassy wide open outdoor area with stone vistas in the distance and mountains all around -- somewhat like the outdoor areas in GUN but with a supremely impressive draw distance and a shocking sense of scale

Try again. Also those shots do not have anything of view to judge proper AF.

Kittonwy said:
Actually after watching the co-op alley battle at 1UP again, I think there's subtle bump-mapping on the ground, but it's difficult to notice in screenshots.

look at the gamevideos vid when he zooms in with the scope. bumpmapping galore.

Raistlin

TobitheCat said:
Looks better than earlier shots. But still, that doesn't say a whole lot. "Looks great in motion..." yeah, yeah, yeah. Just call me jaded. Between this game and downgraded Gears shots, next gen is a dissapointment to me.

??

Gears has been downgraded?

Link?

plagiarize said:
it's a sad sad fact of many PC gamers that they will turn off things that make the games more immersive in order to get 'an edge' and be more competitive'.

you know, lets turn off all the lighting and make it really fish eyed. lets turn off any pain effects. lets use low res textures so the game loads quicker and you get in the level first... etc etc.

I don't see what's "sad" about any of that. It depends on the game, see. A competitive environment fuels the need to stay competitive, and part of this can be gained from customizing the settings of the game. You don't want to include an element of chance in a competitive environment, and a vibrating control device adds just that. Now for the example at hand, I've honestly never once wished I had rumble while playing an FPS on PC. It's a nice addition to certain console games, but it's certainly no dealbreaker.

Kangu

Banned
RavenFox said:
look at the gamevideos vid when he zooms in with the scope. bumpmapping galore.

link plz. after all i was bashing the 'invisible' bump/normal mapping in this game.

I've barely kept up on the game, but it is looking good. It's definitely something I would pick up when I am able to get a PS3.

As for GoW, it's still kind of up in the air if it was downgraded, those are earlier shots, a build with less effects, etc. I mean, no one really can say at this point. We'll see when it comes out, I guess.

Aisenherz

Banned
rainer516 said:
I fear this game will lack the oomph due to a lack of rumble in the PS3 controller. I was watching the 1up show and that's all I could think of, how a lack of rumble might make this suck.

snatches said:
What is so funny? I think the most desired PS3 titles right now, warhawk, resistance, and ridge racer 7 are the ones that get hurt the most by the lack of rumble. Especially warhawk, as you are simulating the aircraft with the controller. It would add a lot of realism if the controller reacted when the ship is hit by enemy fire.

:lol :lol :lol Bullshit total

Top Bottom