• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new, thicker Wii safely straps arrived

wiistrapsgt8.jpg

arrived today. haven't used them yet. might not bother. but i got em.

nah i probably will use em. just for the "i am a responsible Wii owner" whatever :lol

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Mine came in too. I'm putting em on because I let other people use my Wii. I trust myself but I don't trust others.

dkeane

Mine came today too. Nintendo screwed up and sent me two sets of 4. So I'm all set now.

Took my old ones off and noticed how dirty they were. I was grossed out. I guess letting tons of people play bowling made them filthy.

Kauza

I also got mine today, and just for shiggles I made my best effort to break my old straps in any way possible (using only my bare hands, of course). No luck...the strap wouldn't break. If anyone ends up breaking one of the new straps...there are no words.

ghibli99

Are these free w/ registration or something? Sorry, I haven't been following the threads over the past few weeks (been busy moving). Thanks.

Sagitario

At least Nintendo acknowledges Latin America about this now...

Wii Remote Wrist Strap Replacement

Unfortunately, we don't currently have information on how we will be replacing Wii Remote Wrist Straps for our consumers in Latin America. Please fill out this form and we will email you as soon as we have information available.

ghibli99 said:
Are these free w/ registration or something? Sorry, I haven't been following the threads over the past few weeks (been busy moving). Thanks.
no idea of the number but you can phone nintendo for up to 4 free new straps, the difference is that the looped string on the ends that connect a knot to the wiimote are about twice as thick.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ghibli99 said:

You have to fill in a form on the site and they send the strap(s) for free.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i got mine 2 days ago, they came in a bubble envelope with handwriting on it, no nintendo logo or letter with it what so ever, didnt expect that =p

Grok4Spock

Got mine today and installed them on my Remotes. I also bought a new Remote today and can confirm the thicker straps are shipping with newer Remotes...

eviltasan

Has anyone in the UK had replacement wrist straps yet? I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Top Bottom