• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Warhawk TGS shots... and some bad news

Jim

Only 3 new shots... looking a bit better. And the rumored Summer 2007 release is now official. Game is 50% complete

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

White Man

Wow, that is looking quite a bit better. I'm willing to swallow a delay in order to make it as great as it could be. I loved the original, and I'd like to see an awesome sequel.

Jim said:
And the rumored Summer 2007 release is now official.

What?!?!

****ers....

well it had better be hella good when they release it then....if this game was aiming for launch and is getting pushed back that far then it had damn well better rock our worlds.

It damn well better be delayed. If it was released near it's E3 quality vs the games we're seeing now....

It's a good thing.

Striek

A 'bit' better?
Good lord thats heaps better. It looks lovely. But will anyone care in Summer 2007? So much goodness will be out by then...

FtsH

another target render achieved, nice job.

i love the 3rd one. There wasn't this much flights on E3's demo, right?

nataku

Rody said:
I don't see major improvements. They still have 50% to go though, so...

Old:
928383_20060508_screen007.jpg

New:
14.jpg

A major upgrade. Delay sucks, but I really don't want this game to suck so they can take as long as they need to make it as great as the original.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm hoping the 1st shot is an accurate indicator of the kind of in-game destruction you can inflict on the evironment.

REV 09

i am so happy about the delay. I have high hopes for this game, and that delay is only going to make it a hell of a lot better. Need more summer games anyways. I already have way too many fall games to play.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
DAYUM. This is the only reason I want a PS3... But it's an effing compelling reason. Summer 2007 doesn't make me too sad... I couldn't afford it any sooner anyways.

Reilly

upgrade total. At first, I wasn't really interested in exploring the ruined basses/towns because everything looked bland, but now it might look fun after the texture upgrade.

Foil

I'm ok with a delay. Game will be much better with all that extra dev time, plus it'll save me money at launch. That air battle shot looks really good.

It looks a little better, but I'm not seeing a MASSIVE upgrade here. You guys make it sound like Warhawk used to look like a first gen PS2 title or something.

Shame about the delay as it leaves the PS3 launch window rather barren, but I'd rather see them get it right and pull off the massive scope they're going for. I think Warhawk will turn out great.

Chiggs said:
Bullshit. He posted the worst screenshot of Warhawk he could find. Upgrade total my ass.

Post a better shot of Warhawk from E3 that shots that type of texturing on the city. That's exactly what the city looked like at E3 and it was often joked about because of it.

Zaptruder

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
warhawk.jpg

i want to see this locale in some of the newer screens, its kinda hard to tell how close they're getting to target

I think it's safe to say they've more than exceeded that 'target'.

(E32k5 Warhawk vid didn't look very CGish at all... all it had were large number of repeated objects moving in formation)

Chiggs

Gold Member
SolidSnakex said:
Post a better shot of Warhawk from E3 that shots that type of texturing on the city. That's exactly what the city looked like at E3 and it was often joked about because of it.

Oh, so one portion of the game now has better texturing, and it's Upgrade Total? Ships look the same...water looks the same...lighting looks the same...troops look a little better. Still not seeing Upgrade Total.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Chiggs said:
Bullshit. He posted the worst screenshot of Warhawk he could find. Upgrade total my ass.
You sound confident that you could find a better one from the E3 build easily. By all means, go ahead.

Chiggs said:
Oh, so one portion of the game now has better texturing, and it's Upgrade Total? Ships look the same...water looks the same...lighting looks the same...troops look a little better. Still not seeing Upgrade Total.

All that shit looks the same because it looked good already. The textures in that city were bad and now they look better. Simple as that.

Chiggs

Gold Member
SolidSnakex said:
All that shit looks the same because it looked good already. The textures in that city were bad and now they look better. Simple as that.

I was going to comment that some of you people have some very odd measurements of how your expectations are met (ie; UPGRADE TOTAL!), but then I realized I do too.

Ground texturing looks better, I'll give it that.

Maybe i've just been playing too much Company of Heroes, but this screen makes me wish that instead of doing on foot ground battles they would let you control ground troops RTS style and leave the action gameplay to the air battles.
15.jpg

Top Bottom