• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Accounts, NNIDs, and MyNintendo

rpmurphy

By the way, the account ID is internal to the system. So, while your email address that you register to the account (which you log in to the site with) must be globally-unique, you can change it to something else if you no longer have access to that.

For example, I created an account so that I could link my Japanese NNID to it. However, it was my main email account. So, when Nintendo rolled out the account system to NA, I registered my secondary email account to the existing Nintendo account, and created the new Nintendo account with the email I released so that I could create one for my NA NNID.

I am curious then if they will eventually change the way usernames are handled if they decide to deprecate NNIDs or merge it into this.

Kansoku

Can you change the country of Nintendo Account? What happens if you NNID is from a different country than your Nintendo Account?

rpmurphy

Can you change the country of Nintendo Account? What happens if you NNID is from a different country than your Nintendo Account?
Yes you can, but it will unlink the NNID from the account:

Your Nintendo Account and Nintendo Network ID are linked. Changing the country of residence will disable this link.

In order to change your country of residence, you must agree to the Nintendo Account User Agreement and acknowledge that you have read the Nintendo Privacy Policy of the country of residence you are changing it to.

Don't know the answer to the second question. NNIDs is tied to the country you specified when you created it and is unchangeable, so I would think you cannot link it to a Nintendo account that is not of the same country.

Joqu

By the way, the account ID is internal to the system. So, while your email address that you register to the account (which you log in to the site with) must be globally-unique, you can change it to something else if you no longer have access to that.

For example, I created an account so that I could link my Japanese NNID to it. However, it was my main email account. So, when Nintendo rolled out the account system to NA, I registered my secondary email account to the existing Nintendo account, and created the new Nintendo account with the email I released so that I could create one for my NA NNID.

I am curious then if they will eventually change the way usernames are handled if they decide to deprecate NNIDs or merge it into this.

Yeah, I'm real curious how we'll be able to friend people on their future systems with this for example. There really isn't a way to share any account identifier right now.

Kansoku

Yes you can, but it will unlink the NNID from the account:

Don't know the answer to the second question. NNIDs is tied to the country you specified when you created it and is unchangeable, so I would think you cannot link it to a Nintendo account that is not of the same country.

I see, thanks.

Top Bottom