• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Acknowledges Switch Mini Rumours, Says It Is "Always" Developing New Hardware.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The statement below comes from Nintendo's 79th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders which took place earlier today in Kyoto, Japan. One question brought up the topic directly, and while Nintendo stopped short of giving the game away, the response will no doubt give hope to those hoping for a new console to arrive.

Transcript of the event provided by @NStyles. Translation provided by @bk2128 via Japanese Nintendo.
“We acknowledge that there have been reports [about this]. Answering to rumours and speculations would end up stealing surprises from our customers and also be unprofitable to all of our shareholders, so we have no answer to that. As a general theory, we are always performing development of new hardware.”

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo said:
would end up stealing surprises from our customers and also be unprofitable to all of our shareholders

oakTAY0.jpg

Well there goes my hopes of a Switch Pro.

CeroFrio996

Banned
I'd be interested in a Switch mini as a secondary console. I wish I could sync saves between two consoles though. My finance also plays the Switch a ton so it'd be nice to have another console in the house so that I can still play smash while she's playing Zelda or Splatoon 2.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Soo.. what are they going to do to raise profits? The stock hasn’t hot $60 in a long, long time and Nintendo isn’t doing enough. What are they going to do with all the CoH?

CeroFrio996

Banned
Soo.. what are they going to do to raise profits? The stock hasn’t hot $60 in a long, long time and Nintendo isn’t doing enough. What are they going to do with all the CoH?

I mean to Switch is already pretty hot, and the line up this year is looking nice. I don't think we should measure their success by the whims of some finicky investors. Plus moving into a new line of production for Switch mini might actually have negative effects on their stocks, depending on what the tariff situation looks like.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I give the Switch around 4 or so more years until the next Nintendo system comes out since it's 2 years old at the moment. 6 or so is usually the average number of years for Nintendo systems. Though that doesn't mean they will stop selling the Switch systems in stores just that they will share store space with the next thing. Either way expect Switch revisions to come out before their next thing whatever it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

nush

Most games companies start developing new hardware before they need to, it's a long process.

Kokonoe

Banned
SWITCH MINI GURLZ

Real talk I'd buy both a mini and a pro. Mini for when I want that Vita / 3DS type experience and Pro when I want to be professional.

I just want a cheaper switch. Whether that is due to the release of a newer version and the old switch goes down in price, or because a cheaper mini switch comes out, I don't care. I'm ready to play all these games that I've been missing out on.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Why cant i have a switch tv. I just want a box under my tv with no screen. I wont ever take it on the go, why pay for the screen even if the cost is minimal?

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Why cant i have a switch tv. I just want a box under my tv with no screen. I wont ever take it on the go, why pay for the screen even if the cost is minimal?
Switch emulators are coming along, if that's your thing

inb4 ninty should make the product and we shouldn't have to use an emulator

Top Bottom