• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo might be able to tap a third world gold mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgtl_10

Nintendo released the Ique in China. Nintendo has so far been successful I believe. (correct me if I'm wrong). Many may not realise it but China might just be the beggining for Nintendo. Nintendo is considering this a test for other markets like India and Russia. Think about in these countries video game profits are perhaps next to nothing.

Piracy is rampant in third world countries. Sony wanted to release PS2 in China only to realise all the piracy over there might end up having many PS2s sold with very little money made off software. Nintendo is an old video game company which has backlog of smaller file games. Sega might be only company who can actually rival Nintendo in that field. If Nintendo continues to use this Ique strategy in third world countries then Nintendo could reap profits from an untapped gold mine.

I don't know about every place but I use to live in Palestine. It would be challenge if you could find any software, movies, or music that is the real version. People over there love to play all different kinds of games( big counter-strike fans) from 3d ones to basic 2d ones. In other words they don't seem to shun a game based on its graphics sound etc... If Nintendo can aggresively pursue this area they might never have any legally serious competition for quite a while.

Lionheart

I haven't heard anything about Ique since the launch there except for a couple of new games / products they released there. I think that if it were a big success there, we would have heard more about it, no? Or did I miss all the news about it? Any sales numbers or so from there?

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Kind of off topic, but the design of the iQue controller itself looks like it would be a good solution for playing games on Revolutions virtual consoles. The controller could easily be modified to allow a slot for the Rev remote. Does anyone know if SNES or NES games are available on iQue as well?
bb_1.jpg

bb_3.jpg

masud

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
yet another awesome scenario in which Nintendo WINS!

MaestroRyan said:
idea: Nintendo's Revolution sells poorly and Nintendo goes third party and Mario is milked more than ever.

who agrees with my theory
:lol :lol Just can't help it can you?

the N64 isotope is not the iQue.

iQue is the name under which Nintendo does business in China.

The Chinese DS is iQue branded, etc.

in any case, what if a meteor fell from the sky and hit Ken Kutaragi in the head?
THEN THE MARKET WOULD BE WIDE OPEN FOR NINTENDO

I'm Nigerian and i lived in Lagos for 20 years,and the fact that Nintendo consoles are next to un-moddable worked against the N64 and GC...The Nes and Snes Ruled though.

I guess the later consoles did worse cuz the PS brand was as open as a 2cent hooker to modding and pirated games were all over the place.The XBOX was also non-existent there cuz the internet is like a mega-luxury and online play=zero....o and they dunno how to Mod 'em yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom