• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 ‘Last Chance Trial’ demo teaser trailer

Mista

Banned

Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja have released a teaser trailer for the Nioh 2 “Last Chance Trial” demo that will run from February 28 to March 1.

As previously detailed, the demo will feature three missions, detailed character customization, the ability to summon Yokai to assist in battle, and the new Switchglaive weapon. Save data from the demo will not carry over to the full game, but your created characters appearance does.

Gematsu

Namon

Neo Member
I am so pumped. For me personally, Nioh 1 was one of my favorite games of this gen. Clocked in well over 1000 hours and fully platinumed/100% all of the DLC. 15 more days... (going to be playing the demo for sure)

rubhen925

In case people want to play this early, make a New Zealand account. I just played and streamed the entire demo. All 3 missions are brand new and some of the toughest demo bosses yet. Especially the twilight one. I spent like 1 hour on it. Also the Glaive is super OP and my new fave weapon!

If you guys want to check it out, here is the archive of the stream :)

Did they ever fix the ass performance on pc for the first? The anti aliasing was broken also.

I enjoyed what i played of the first, but had to drop it as i couldnt find a solution to the above.

Would this be considered a new age Ninja Gaiden

Last edited:

iiStryker

Neo Member
Tepidly excited..

Played the beta a couple months ago and ginsu squirrel was annoying.

I beat the first game once with Kusarigama and sloth.

not necessarily a fan but I’m craving something akin to souls and this is as close as we’re going to get.

I'm not going to play the demo (also not played any of the Betas), but I have it pre-ordered. I don't want to wait for the PC version... really hyped for this.

Is this coming to PC ?
According to Gamespot the exclusivity lasts until November and it's apparently coming out then.
Nioh 2 is scheduled to release on March 14, 2020. It'll be a timed-exclusive for PS4 up until November when it'll then launch for PC.

I don't know where they got the info from, though.

jaysius

Banned
Timed demos, wether it be by a date or by number of uses (Thanks Nintendo!) or time played (RE2 Remake) are a bad new trend. I guess we should grovel at the industry's feet for getting ANY demo at all, instead they expect us to be slaves to the hype machines the shitty "influencers" put out there.

SleepDoctor

Banned
720p baby

This is confirmed? Sucks if true

On the fence about this since the first got repetitive af regardless of how much I love the setting. Maybe I'll give it a try, otherwise I'll just wait on GoT, that game definitely doesn't look like it'll disappoint.

This is confirmed? Sucks if true

On the fence about this since the first got repetitive af regardless of how much I love the setting. Maybe I'll give it a try, otherwise I'll just wait on GoT, that game definitely doesn't look like it'll disappoint.

It's 1080p on base ps4 at 30 fps or 720p with variable framerate 100% just like the first one.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Where can I download this for North America?

I haven't gotten any Nioh 2 demos yet and I can't find it anywhere.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Its on store under demos it was top of the list for me. I downloaded a couple hours ago.
Can you link it? Sorry, I'm desperate. I still don't see it. I'm starting to wonder if I can't get it since I didn't get the first one. Tried searching, tried pulling up all demos, I feel like an idiot.

Can you link it? Sorry, I'm desperate. I still don't see it. I'm starting to wonder if I can't get it since I didn't get the first one. Tried searching, tried pulling up all demos, I feel like an idiot.
Don’t know if you’ve found it by now, if not

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Don’t know if you’ve found it by now, if not

I swear, I searched for that 100x. Looked through all demos, all betas. Nothing.

This worked. Thank you!

It's definitely more Nioh. New weapons are pretty cool, and they've stuffed even more mechanics into what I think was already a bloated system.
I dig it, but it's really just making me crave a new Souls game.

Pretty weak and I would advise against it if you have a base ps4. Annoying shimmering, ugly aliasing, low textures quality and this is all on movie mode at 30fps and sadly it's pretty much what C ClanOfNone said about it being just more Nioh which to me was not that good. I'll wait for PC and sale release. This month I already have Ori and Doom.

Namon

Neo Member
I loved it and it made me more excited for release. However I view this game as a more 3D diablo with combat that is not mindless than I do a souls like so I love all the system bloat personally. So all of the same really made me excited, and they smoothed out the rough edges that were really apparent in November's test, so I'm good and ready.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I loved it and it made me more excited for release. However I view this game as a more 3D diablo with combat that is not mindless than I do a souls like so I love all the system bloat personally. So all of the same really made me excited, and they smoothed out the rough edges that were really apparent in November's test, so I'm good and ready.

This is so true. Nioh actually has very little in common with FROM's stuff beyond the high difficulty and "2nd chance" system where xp can be collected after a death. If you aren't into the combat, and the loot/RPG-type systems that underpin the combat... its probably not the game for you.

Top Bottom