• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA has announced that they will publish the dark action RPG by FuRyu, Reynatis, for a Western release on PS4, PS5, Switch, and PC in Fall 2024

GHRLmlgXMAAG6Ju

NIS America has announced that they will publish the dark action RPG by FuRyu, Reynatis, for a Western release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in Fall 2024 that's according to a recent report by Noisy Pixel.

Reynatis occurs in Shibuya, Tokyo, in a world where fantasy meets reality. The city’s citizens fear magic and its power, which forces wizards to veil their capabilities lest they suffer oppression. The protagonist, Marin, enters Shibuya, seeking freedom through strength. Here, he meets Sari, an officer of the MEA, an organization that aims to keep wizards under control. This story will tackle “oppression, clashing ideals, and the price of freedom.”​
During gameplay, players will explore Shibuya as they interact with NPCs, shop for items, take on quests, or “expose your true self to harness your inhuman powers.” Further, players will find themselves in the alternate world of Another, a land of fantasy where monsters and secrets abound. Combat features two modes: Suppressed and Liberated. The former prioritizes evasion, while the latter focuses on dealing significant damage with magic. These modes will be freely swappable, and six playable characters will be present, all with unique abilities, such as summoning.

Reynatis also features music by Yoko Shimomura, who many know from the Kingdom Hearts series, and scenario writing by Kazushige Nojima from the Final Fantasy franchise. We’ll keep you all updated with the release of Reynatis.​

ABOUT THIS GAME​

Liberate your world​

REYNATIS is a full-blown action-packed magical RPG in which two people with different perspectives fight for their ideals in a realistic recreation of modern-day Shibuya, Tokyo.
1.gif

■World/Story​

The year is 2024. In Shibuya, Tokyo, the Criminal Magic Response Act has issued an order barring citizens from going out at night. However, it was quickly disregarded, and few enforce it.

Marin Kirizumi is a wizard who grew up oppressed by others due to his magic. “If you become the strongest, you'll be set free." Following those words left by his father, he arrives in Shibuya at night.

When Sari Nishijima discovered her magic, she decided to use her powers to maintain order. She follows her own sense of justice to protect Shibuya from forces with dangerous ideals and illegal drugs that turn people into monsters.

Marin, who seeks liberation. Sari, who treats the oppression of wizards as justice. The story of REYNATIS begins when the two meet in Shibuya, a place where cultures and ideas mix.​

■Battle​

By properly utilizing Suppressed and Liberated states, anyone can easily execute show-stopping actions.

In Suppressed Mode, you are unable to attack, but you can avoid any enemy attacks with the press of a single button.

In Liberated Mode, you can go all out with your attacks, but you will be unable to defend, so timing is essential.

Players can instantly switch between up to three different characters in the middle of battle. Each character comes with their own unique abilities. Pick your characters depending on the situation to gain the upper hand!
2.gif

■Exploration​

The real city of Shibuya has been painstakingly recreated in REYNATIS. Walk around the city to find everything from famous landmarks such as SHIBUYA109 to hole-in-the-wall joints that only the savviest will know.

While in Suppressed Mode, your identity and actions are concealed. As long as people don’t find out you’re a wizard, you can talk with normal civilians. During these conversations, you may receive exploration tips, as well as new quests.

In Liberated Mode, you can use your magic to explore and move more quickly. However, there's a chance civilians will report you to the MEA, who will come after you in full force.​

■Another​

Pockets of Shibuya contain Fog, gateways to an alternate magical world called Another that only wizards can access.

This clandestine realm is managed by the anti-government organization known as the Guild. Those who cannot wield magic are unable to enter, and monsters run rampant due to the magic in the air. The expanse of Another contains not only forests and wilderness, but things resembling factories and museums, as well. What lies in its deepest recesses remains unknown.
3.gif

■Lastly​

When Marin and Sari’s paths cross, a darkness that will transform the world descends.

Wishlist REYNATIS today! We hope you'll look forward to the release!
4.gif

Scenario / Kazushige Nojima
Music / Yoko Shimomura
Character Design / Yasutaka Kaburagi
Creative Producer / TAKUMI

Last edited:

yazenov

Looks good. Will definitely check it out if reviews are decent.

On a side note, I've noticed that many games are skipping the Xbox consoles. It's no surprise with the lack of sales, but I'd be pissed if I only had an Xbox console. Poor Xbox fans :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I thought that said NASA was publishing a game. I was about to be happy that my tax money was being put to better use.
I read it as NIST and also had questions about government spending

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I like the setting and overall vibe, and I do tend to like Furyu's games a lot.

That said... the visuals in some of those cinematics were rough. Hopefully it gets polished up a bit. I'm not expecting anything more than an uprezzed PS2 game, and I'm fine with that, but this definitely needs some work in that department.

I like the setting and overall vibe, and I do tend to like Furyu's games a lot.

That said... the visuals in some of those cinematics were rough. Hopefully it gets polished up a bit. I'm not expecting anything more than an uprezzed PS2 game, and I'm fine with that, but this definitely needs some work in that department.
It looks kinda rough in places, but that's the charm of these FuRyu games. :p Hopefully by the time it gets released they'll manage to add some more polish to it.

Last edited:
◤⋱ Battle introduction -Sari team edition- ⋰◢
Today we bring you a battle video of the MEA team!
Doai's battle scene will be shown for the first time.
In addition, regarding the game footage that has been released on 1st Trailer and X account,
Due to the shooting environment, it has been found that the frame rate of the video is lower than the actual game.
What we will release in the future will be videos that closely resemble actual gameplay.
We apologize and will make corrections.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

So is it just those three characters playable or are we able to recruit/use the others in the concept art? Either way looks good.

Via Noisy Pixel:
The official website of the upcoming FuRyu action JRPG Reynatis has been updated to feature various new illustrations used as pre-order bonuses from Japanese retailers. These pieces of artwork will be made as tapestries and clear files. Other bonuses include badges, bromides, and acrylic stands.
GKDeH0KXUAAY1lN
GKDeIoRWwAAulew

GKDeMJYW8AAD8Nd

Dengeki Online has published 45 minutes of gameplay from the Switch version of the game.

(Gameplay footage from 12:25 to 57:03)

I’m thinking, “the game looks ok, but goddamn that character voice ruins it”. Then I realize it’s the person playing the game who has the most annoying voice I’ve heard since “Fred”.

I’ll add this to my preorders!

Astray

Gold Member
This feels like it's below even the level of early 3D Falcom games in terms of production values. Never seen a city setting looking so utterly lifeless and drab.

Top Bottom