• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Expedition 4: Emergence - Official Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the trailer for the new No Man's Sky Expedition, Emergence. No Man's Sky Expedition Emergence is the first Expedition to feature a narrative. It'll also launch with a mini-update, complete with a host of game enhancements, including: rideable sandworms, Flesh Launcher fireworks, and more.

This No Mans Sky Expedition takes travellers to planet Wasan, a barren world ravaged by dust storms and infested with Titan Worms. Players will need to locate the Titan Worm impact sites, destroy their Hungering Tendrils, and collect Vile Spawn. Get into the Halloween spirit with No Man's Sky Expedition 4: Emergence.

Reave

Every trailer for No Man's Sky looks awesome, very intriguing and fun to play. Then when I boot it up to actually play I just sigh and go " meh".
This. No matter how many cool things they add, this is still a game of resource management.

They should seriously consider revamping the entire introduction of the game to get players right to all the new stuff.

Last edited:

hlm666

So Dune is only a couple days away, and this trailer is all worms and sand storms. Guess they weren't confident enough it was going to be a success to try do a proper tie in with it huh.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's still a bad game , everything you do in it is exploring to find those chips that give you upgrades.
Every NMS video I've seen (this goes back to 5 years ago) always shows some creatures, spaceship stuff, walking around, some shooting etc....

Then every gameplay video I see people doing it's them spending 90% of their time walking around zapping resources.

Totally misleading.

Fredrik

Every NMS video I've seen (this goes back to 5 years ago) always shows some creatures, spaceship stuff, walking around, some shooting etc....

Then every gameplay video I see people doing it's them spending 90% of their time walking around zapping resources.

Totally misleading.
It’s not the easiest game to make a trailer for. There is so much to do now that anyone would struggle to list all you can do. I used to call it Minecraft in space when they added base building, but they have added a ton of other stuff since then. Breeding aliens is the strangest addition, you feed an alien and tame it, then it can lay an egg, then you can add characteristics during the egg phase to alter the offspring. I’ve only tried it a little but my kids love that, you never really know what you’ll get. Once hatched you can then use the creature as your mount and add tech to it. It’s very very odd. I can now spawn a huge fur ball of a horse thingy with mounted spot lights to ride on wherever I am 😋

I love the game. There is one thing that annoys me though. Many things now starts a timer. Check back in an hour of real life time to see what happens to whatever you’re doing… It’s a worthless addition, reminds me of dumb mobile games where you could then buy something to speed up the timer. As it is it literally push people away from the game. I don’t have an hour to waste while waiting for an egg to hatch or whatever, my total playtime on work days is about an hour. So I usually just quit the game and play something else instead, I can check what happened the next time I play.

Top Bottom