• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOO, LOST MY PASSPORT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I just travelled from Vancouver to Los Angeles and I am pretty sure I lost my passport in the LA international airport. WHY THE HELL ISN'T THE LOST AND FOUND PLACE OPENED ON WEEKENDS ? This is an emergency !!!

Dagon

This is why I always make sure I have my passport in my pocket at all times when I'm out of the country.

Hope things sort themselves out.

rastex

Banned
That's horrible yo.

I'm insanely careful with my passport (flashback to father yelling down at me when I"m a little boy: YOUR PASSPORT IS YOUR LIFE!!!!!!)...

Good luck kiddo.

Leon

Yeah, there are no reassuring words. These are very annoying and extremely anal people that you're about to meet and ask for help from. Good luck. You're gonna need it. Crap days ahead of you, friend.

There really is some good news though. I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

NetMapel, are you back in Vancouver or are you still in LA? I assume you're in Vancouver, since no sane person would ask a forum full of low-lifes on the internet for advice when you can just ask someone at the airport.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
God's Hand said:
NetMapel, are you back in Vancouver or are you still in LA? I assume you're in Vancouver, since no sane person would ask a forum full of low-lifes on the internet for advice when you can just ask someone at the airport.

NetMapel said:
WHY THE HELL ISN'T THE LOST AND FOUND PLACE OPENED ON WEEKENDS ? This is an emergency !!!

belgurdo

Banned
main-page.jpg

Have fun

I lost a set of keys in a Seattle Airport once. I had them returned to me on my return flight through the airport (one week later) It was a friggen miracle.

Shompola

Banned
Obviously he/she wants a few comforting words from the fellow members. Nothing really wrong or weird with that.

Shompola said:
Obviously he/she wants a few comforting words from the fellow members. Nothing really wrong or weird with that.

Right, except that every response wasn't comforting nor helpful at all. Like I said, low-lifes on the internet.

For calls originating in Canada and the U.S., call
1-800-267-6788, or (613) 944-6788.

That's for emergencies to the Los Angeles Consulate General of Canada.

andthebeatgoeson

NetMapel said:
I just travelled from Vancouver to Los Angeles and I am pretty sure I lost my passport in the LA international airport. WHY THE HELL ISN'T THE LOST AND FOUND PLACE OPENED ON WEEKENDS ? This is an emergency !!!

Are you why the terror alert went up, this past week?

My main recommendation to you would be, assuming you are either a Canadian or American citizen, from now on, use your drivers license and birth certificate to cross the border between the two countries every time. Now that you've lost your passport, even when you get a new one, your passport will be marked as previously stolen, and they will always give you a hard time at immigration. In fact, for Canadian and American citizens, I wouldn't ever use a Passport to cross between the two countries... it just raises suspicion I think ("Oh, so you travel a lot?...").

pestul

I work at the Passport Office here in Newfoundland.. good luck. :p

Retrieving a new passport requires a re-application as well as the signing of another document under oath. Please tell me you travel with your birth certificate & photo identification (drivers license or other document issued provincially/federally with your signature on it)..

3phemeral

NetMapel said:
According to Tom Hanks and ilk, I feel as thought we can all come to a consensus concerning your unfortunate situation and thus, recommend that you watch "The Terminal". Yours will be a riveting tale of a foreigner’s misfortune, during a time where nation’s security is at its utmost sensitivity. Thanks to an increased awareness concerning the possibility of future terrorist threats, you’ll find the accommodations at LAX to be quite…. the hospitable environment.

But not to worry, kindness from strangers, food surplus from storage bins, and self-determination will lead you to your soul mate, a fantastic airport job, and perhaps even a movie deal exploiting your trials and tribulations. Be strong and stay optimistic!

Asides from that crappy bit of humor, good luck with retrieving your passport and hopefully all goes well with you :)

rastex

Banned
relentlessflame said:
My main recommendation to you would be, assuming you are either a Canadian or American citizen, from now on, use your drivers license and birth certificate to cross the border between the two countries every time. Now that you've lost your passport, even when you get a new one, your passport will be marked as previously stolen, and they will always give you a hard time at immigration. In fact, for Canadian and American citizens, I wouldn't ever use a Passport to cross between the two countries... it just raises suspicion I think ("Oh, so you travel a lot?...").

To travel to America as a Canadian citizen you *need* to have a passport (as far as I know). This wasn't true before, but after 9/11...

pestul

rastex said:
To travel to America as a Canadian citizen you *need* to have a passport (as far as I know). This wasn't true before, but after 9/11...
Not true.. a birth certificate & photo id (government issued) is fine. But there is a chance something could go wrong, and the passport is the sole document in that scenario that will save you.

Drexon

Banned
Haha! This reminds me of when I lost my passport. 3 months later it was found by some dude who called.... ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY! XD Stuped kriminls.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I'm still at LA and will be returning within a week. I have no idea if the Canadian Consulate will be able to do something to get me back to Canada within such a short amount of time. I just hope I just misplaced little hand bag with my passport in it and is not unknowingly robbed by some clever thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom