• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notice of Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (June 29, 2016)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
t1467162000z4.png

Today on June 6, 2016, Nintendo published a Notice of the 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. It is a lengthy document, below are some excerpts (general, directors, status of shares and some minor things):

(Securities Code 7974)
June 7, 2016

To Shareholders with Voting Rights:

Tatsumi Kimishima
Director and President
Nintendo Co., Ltd.
11-1 Hokotate-cho, Kamitoba,
Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

NOTICE OF THE 76TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS

Dear Shareholders:
We would like to extend our deepest sympathy and condolences to all those who have suffered due to the
earthquakes that occurred around Kumamoto Prefecture in April.
You are cordially invited to attend the 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
(the “Company”). The meeting will be held for the purposes as described below.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can exercise your voting rights in writing by submitting the
Voting Rights Exercise Form, or via the Internet. Please review the Reference Documents for the General
Meeting of Shareholders (described hereinafter), and cast your vote by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Japan time.

1. Date and Time: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 10 a.m. Japan time (reception will open at 9 a.m.)
2. Place: Seventh floor conference room in the Development Center of the Company,
located at 2-1 Minamimatsuda-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan
3. Meeting Agenda:
Matters to be reported: 1. The Business Report, Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s
76th Fiscal Year (April 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016) and results of audits by the
Accounting Auditor and the Board of Auditors of the Consolidated Financial
Statements
2. Non-Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s 76th Fiscal Year
(April 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016)

Proposals to be resolved:
Proposal No. 1: Distribution of Surplus
Proposal No. 2: Partial Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation
Proposal No. 3: Election of Five Directors (Excluding Directors Who Are Audit and Supervisory
Committee Members)
Proposal No. 4: Election of Four Directors Who Are Audit and Supervisory Committee
Members
Proposal No. 5: Determination of Compensation Payable to Directors (Excluding Directors Who
Are Audit and Supervisory Committee Members)
Proposal No. 6: Determination of Compensation Payable to Directors Who Are Audit and
Supervisory Committee Members
Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/convocation_notice1606e.pdf

Directors to be elected

convocation_notice160jnrxy.png

convocation_notice160jkrjd.png

convocation_notice1605yrag.png

convocation_notice160arpy1.png

convocation_notice160ecqgc.png

Status of shares

Some smaller, but interesting, changes. MSCO CUSTOMER SECURITIES is new on the list of shareholders for example.

Now

shares_nowe5sfg.png

As of September 30, 2015

shares_2015h3sk0.png

On NX

For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally and our unique software-led hardware-software integrated business will continue to constitute the core business for Nintendo.

There is also Information Disclosure on the Internet Regarding the Notice of the 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders.

Ansatz

Rösti;205752925 said:
For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally and our unique software-led hardware-software integrated business will continue to constitute the core business for Nintendo.

Sounds good but it's just a repeat of what they've said before.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
is this where they reveal the new F-Zero
It is unlikely for Nintendo to unveil new games during this meeting. Some minor new details on NX could perhaps be given though. But first and foremost the purpose of the meeting is to elect directors and vote on the other proposals presented.

Great find as usual Rösti. Should be a very interesting meeting what with all the organizational changes taking place. NX wise the most we should expect is potentially a date for the reveal event, probably not even that.

Zubz

Banned
I'm just expecting this to be reassurance to investors that the NX is coming, and to continue having faith in Nintendo. And maybe they'll fan out flames if E3 still results in some blowback.

so is takahashi being groomed into becoming the next president after kimishima retires?

Pretty likely. Being in charge of EPD basically puts him in charge of software development especially when accounting for the Business Development Division and Development Administration & Support Division he has been put in supervision of. The former I believe is the network stuff where as the latter involves development partners (though I'm unsure of what extent does this division cover)

Chittagong

Gold Member
I can't believe how few shares Miyamoto owns (200), that can't be right - maybe it's thousands of shares.

I mean, I have 1,355 shares and it's a hobby stock for me. 200,000 shares would sound right for Miyamoto at the very least.

Tadaima

The share price has been shockingly stable for the last five or six months. Will be interesting to see what happens to it in the next month.

Pokemaniac

Should I be hyped? Looking for something to spend my hype on lately :/ lol

For this event? Not really. This event is usually pretty light on information, even compared to the other investor events. Absolute maximum I'd expect would be a more specific time frame for the NX reveal, but even that is getting a bit optimistic.

I can't believe how few shares Miyamoto owns (200), that can't be right - maybe it's thousands of shares.

I mean, I have 1,355 shares and it's a hobby stock for me. 200,000 shares would sound right for Miyamoto at the very least.

Are those shares or pink sheets? The ratio of pink sheets to shares is 8:1.

The Giant

Banned
It's that time of the year where wacky shareholders ask questions like this.

I got terribly lost coming here today. Every time I come here, I feel that you should take into consideration where many of the shareholders attending are coming from and that you may want to consider offering us some conveniences like a courtesy bus from JR Kyoto Station. As I feel this is rather an inconvenient place to visit by subway or by bus, I’d like you to consider more about this sort of thing than enriching the contents of the gifts you give to the attending shareholders.

and this

I do not understand video games and I even feel angry because, at Nintendo’s shareholders’ meetings, the shareholders always discuss things relating to video games or such childish topics as “what the future of video games should be,” while I, for one, was flabbergasted that Mr. Iwata continues to hold his position although he had said that he would resign if the company’s performance were bad.
I hope that Nintendo’s shareholders’ meeting will become an opportunity where the shareholders discuss the company’s business operations from the viewpoints of capital gain and dividends.

Jackano

and results of audits by the
Accounting Auditor and the Board of Auditors of the Consolidated Financial
Statements

This sounds a bit interesting? Like in this is the potential first proposals resulting with the new organization, or am I misunderstanding this?

Here's some more great investor questions.

Q2: How about gifts for shareholders?

A2: There are legal limitations on gifts, and we view return to shareholders as monetary. Shareholders who already own gifted products wouldn’t be happy.

Q9: I don’t know about games, and don’t care about game-related questions, but your shareholders haven’t said anything about the stock price dropping. What kind of a shareholder meeting is this? Tell me about the business administration. (audience applause)

A9: Thank you for your pointed opinion. Shareholder meetings are for us to communicate with shareholders. It’s important for shareholders to know what we as a company are doing, and what kind of entertainment we are providing.

And this one seems relevant here.

Q13: President Iwata owns many shares, but the other directors only hold 1 or 2 hundred each. Does this mean that they’re not responsible? Chairman Takeda, who’s worked at the company for a very long time, only holds 200 shares. (audience laughter)

A13: We don’t believe that the number of shares held has any bearing on work responsibility.

Top Bottom