• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ocean's Twelve Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Okay. I saw the movie and it is definitely good. Is it as good as the original, probably not. It's always inaccurate to judge a movie you just saw to one that had time to build an impression on you. A couple of points though.

SPOILERS !!!

1- The whole team wasn't so important this time. The mission hardly depended on the entire 11 men working together.

2- Night Fox was freaking awesome. The capoira scene was very hot !!!

3- Brad Pitt's wardrobe was freakin sick. Anybody would have looked good wearing that.

4- The ending was ehh

Shinobi

Fixed2BeBroken said:
anyways, thats one part i didnt like.
i dont care if they guy knew capoeira and knew it down to a T where he could manipulate it better than anyone...theres no way he could have used that capoeira so perfectly to avoid those beams, especially being that they were "RANDOM." If there was a set pattern then yes, I could see how he could do that, but i remember brad pitt saying they were "RANDOM." Hence...that whole part seemed like bullshit to me

I thought what Brad said is that there were at least a half dozen patterns to the lasers, but also had random intervals inserted. I guess NightFox just figured out when those intervals occurred. Either that or he took one hell of a chance.

element

ScientificNinja said:
Meaning he's not willing to put his name to his work. Meaning he's either doing something he's not supposed to be doing, or he knows it's shit.
he actually knows his shit. It was a cinematography before becoming a director, and is well known for actually doing lots of camera work on his films. not just sitting in the directors chair and saying 'cut' viewing a monitor.

Hooker

I saw it in London a couple of days ago and this is probably the worst film I've seen in years!!

Some of the stuff made no sense! Matt Damon's mum coming to rescue everyone, I mean, what the fuck! Wouldn't some of the people in that Europol orginasation know who their superior is?!

Nightfox and the laser scene... How the hell could he see those lasers, he had no goggles or what so ever on! (and yes, it was capoeira, you could see him rehearsing in various parts of the movie)

And Julia Roberts... ugh!

btw, Catherina Zeta Jones doesn't have big boobs normally. Her rack did look absolutely huge in this movie, but I reckon that has some connection to the kid she had recently. Made her non-existing ass stand out though :/

This movie did make me enjoy meet the fockers a lot more though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom