• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld doesnt get enough love

Yoboman

Soulstorm just got revealed / re-revealed and looks phenomenal

Soulstorm is a vastly expanded remake of Abe's Exoddus which was already one of the best and most creative sidescrollers of all time

Anybody who hasn't played these games yet since they fell out of pop culture years ago really needs to check them out. The remake of the first game is out already and the originals themselves are worth playing still

What surprises me is that it never seems to have much of a cult following either. I get hyped any time I see Oddworld but it seems like I'm one of the few

It's not that they don't get enough love, plenty of people love them. I certainly do, I STILL have my original PS1 copies somewhere in the attic. But it's been a LONG time since the last remake, which was fantastic. They just aren't in the zeitgeist of gaming so they don't get much mention. I'd still prefer a new entry or The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot, or even a fully AAA remake of Strangers Wrath or what Munch's Odyssey was originally supposed to be.. They have such an interesting and awesome universe that they do very very little with. On top of that, making this a Sony console exclusive isn't doing them any favors either.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
The problem is that the gameplay never changed.
They need to go fully 3d instead of being a side scrolling platformer.
Its the reason why I lost interest any way.

Ian Henry

I’ve been hearing about a new Oddworld since last year. It’s been around. Glad Sony put in their presentation.

Inno

I replayed Exodus recently and was initially disappointed in the first look at Soulstorm. However this re-reveal looks much better.
It seems that they've kept the blend of the ancient and mysterious locales as well as the factory/industrial setting which I love about the two first games. Now hoping that they make the platforming tight and responsive and I'm definitely in.

Top Bottom