• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Office Cable Managment

Droxcy

Do any of you use cable sleeves to hide your wires coming out of your PC? Just got two cats and trying to eliminate the slight chance of them chewing into a cable I need. Do you have some preferred cable sleeves/coverings?

Right now I have a few feet of this stuff it does the job but was just wondering if you have some favorites.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I used many skills to achieve this, it's a lifetime training:

unknown.png

BigBooper

Yea, I use these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015HWXG4M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I also use wire channels if running across the room, like for surround speakers. Similar to this.

nush

Do any of you use cable sleeves to hide your wires coming out of your PC? Just got two cats and trying to eliminate the slight chance of them chewing into a cable I need. Do you have some preferred cable sleeves/coverings?

Right now I have a few feet of this stuff it does the job but was just wondering if you have some favorites.

Cable ties to the legs of the desk work great, then cable tie in bunches to the power and connections.

Soodanim

I use:
  1. Plug boxes to hide excess power cables
  2. Under desk hanging cable tidy (IKEA) for display cables and power bricks
  3. Cable sleeves (mounted TV, PC in/out)

tkscz

My home "office" is in my basement that's fully finished and uses drop ceiling. If the wires are long, like network or sound, they are in the ceiling. If they are short, they hang behind my desk out of sight.

At work, we have desk with wire management that I use.

Kilau

I use cable sleeves behind my entertainment center for the absurd amount of cables back there. They help but they can only do so much and it still looks like a mess back there.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Good start is to rethink what devices you really want o want connected at all times.
the ikea cable management kit and zip ties will fix the rest

n0razi

I have 2 cables coming out of my PC... one for power and DP for the monitor; everything else is wireless

Top Bottom