• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ogopogo Examiner Spring 1992/Issue #1

Jeff-DSA

A while back I won a Final Fantasy II (US) complete in box with all the inserts and the Ogopogo Examiner Spring 1992/Issue #1 that you had to send away for. Since I have won the auction I have been getting emails from somebody that wants to buy the Examiner from me for $30.

Does anybody know if this is a collector's item worth anything, or is this some guy that really wants to complete his personal collection? Is it rare enough that I could probably get more out of him than that?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Can you find any existing auctions online? Or price listings? If not, it's worth what you want to sell it for in this case. Which might be inflated :)

I remember this :)

The Ogopogo Examiner later became the Squaresoft Newsletter (or something along those lines). They came out about once or twice a year. :p
I remember back in the good ole' days before games (other than Mortal Kombat) got big announced release dates in the US, the August 1994 Squaresoft Newsletter was really the first 'official' confirmation of Final Fantasy VI coming to the US as FFIII in October. Prior to that, you pretty much had news publications, like GameFan or EGM, 'projecting' dates- but after all the delays for FFV coming as FFIII, I didn't trust anyone. That was until that lovely August '94 Squaresoft Newsletter. :D

Cherubae

:lol I have a whole bunch of these in my old Nintendo binder that currently sitting in a box. I do remember the "don't walk through the a door X number of times in a row" hint that Square put on Ogopogo in order to cover up a bug in FF4.

john tv

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm not here, but I'll scan it for everyone to see. I'm thinking it must be pretty rare if it's not known here. I thought the FF hardcore would know something about it.

EDIT: Scans of them can be found here: http://www.squareuniverse.net/ogopogo.html
I think the FF hardcore do know about it. I have the issues tucked away back home somewhere -- just figured it'd be nice to see them again after all these years. :) Thanks for the scan link, I'll check it out...

Top Bottom