• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

old? Wii Euro price points

fresquito

Lock if old :)

eurogamer said:
Nintendo UK has confirmed the pricing for Wii points - the magical currency that will buy you Virtual Console games through Wii's shopping channel.

In Europe, it turns out, 2000 Wii points will cost you EUR 20 or GBP 14, and you can expect to be able to buy them on cards through retailers, and using your credit card online.

Games will cost the same amount of points worldwide - 500 points for NES games, 800 points for Super Nintendo games, and 1000 for Nintendo 64 - and apparently other titles (SEGA, TurboGrafx) will be decided soon.
Advertisement

However the cost of the cards will vary. In the US, 2000 Wii points will cost US$ 20.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67671

Do taxes apply to online downloads? Are we getting shafted on principle alone?

This was to be expected.

Speaking of taxes, well, yes I think this has to do with taxes as well. As you buy Wii point cards in the store, taxes are on that card too.

Rocked

So £7 for an N64 game? Hmm.

I don't like all this points crap. I wish we could just pay with a credit card like iTunes.

Rlan

The fact that it is not a collected system like Xbox Live where points all cost the same price [ie; $1US = equiverant in Euro] is stupid.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
so how does say a NES or SNES game compare in cost to Geometry Wars or whatever?

Sanjay

"Euroland is getting raped mega hardcore this gen."

acutally this gen its been the least rapeage, last gen wot ever it was in dollers it translated same to GBP

ps2 was $300 over there right? and it came out here for £300 so basically we paid $562.823 when u guys got erm for $300

and with the points thing its the same really
20.00 USD United States Dollars = 10.6605 GBP United Kingdom Pounds
and the rest is tax so its really the same we just pay way more tax.

so it would come around to £14

god im so happy this gen we not getting ripped off like last gen!

Danj

I guess we need to find out if Wii points are the same everywhere, e.g. can we import Wii points cards from the US and Japan and use them on Euro Wii consoles? Not that it's likely that I'll buy a Euro Wii, not now it's confirmed region locked.

Furoba

Sanjay said:
"Euroland is getting raped mega hardcore this gen."

acutally this gen its been the least rapeage, last gen wot ever it was in dollers it translated same to GBP

ps2 was $300 over there right? and it came out here for £300 so basically we paid $562.823 when u guys got erm for $300

and with the points thing its the same really
20.00 USD United States Dollars = 10.6605 GBP United Kingdom Pounds
and the rest is tax so its really the same we just pay way more tax.

so it would come around to £14

god im so happy this gen we not getting ripped off like last gen!

Don't forget crazy priced PlayStation/N64 software... €75+ FTL :/

Rocked

So Nes games = £3.50
Snes games = £5.60
N64 games = £7

Not bad really, although the SNES games somehow seem a bit pricey. I hope Donkey Kong Country 2 comes out for it quickly. :)

fresquito

Fabiollo said:
As an european I feel less raped than ever. Really.
I don't care about the price of the console, but everything else is way too expensive, specially the prices of the VC console downloads. If you were to download the Megaman Collection that is on sale, you'd be spending more money on the digital version than the physical one, not counting the extras and taking the PSone games as SNES ones for points value. It's a rape no matter how you look at it.

Frankfurter said:
So... 20€ minus 16% tax = 17.24€ = 21.80$

--->

:(

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
1) Go to Japan.
2) Buy stacks of virtual console cards.
3) Sell their serial numbers on ebay europe.
4) Profit! (like 30% probably). Not even shipping involved.

It's like buying yen at an extra shitty nintendo tax injected exchange rate. **** that.

Aurora

Rocked said:
So Nes games = £3.50
Snes games = £5.60
N64 games = £7

Not bad really, although the SNES games somehow seem a bit pricey. I hope Donkey Kong Country 2 comes out for it quickly. :)
I agree, the SNES games are too pricey IMO. Should have been £4.50... £5 max.

elostyle said:
1) Go to Japan.
2) Buy stacks of virtual console cards.
3) Sell their serial numbers on ebay europe.
4) Profit! (like 30% probably). Not even shipping involved.

It's like buying yen at an extra shitty nintendo tax injected exchange rate. **** that.

Not sure that would work, the VC service may be region based too.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Too pricey for my liking...unless they have added stuff like online play etc then I'll lap it up like Nintendo's bitch.

Top Bottom