• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ONE on TNT. Moraes vs Demetrius Johnson

1RAHW5C.jpg

N2nJoHK.jpg

A month of MMA from ONE. Every Wednesday starting in a few days. DJ won the ONE flyweight grandprix & fights for the title. Eddie won his last match & the underground King continues. Sage Northcutt returns after 2 years of rehab & recovery from that last fight. Its in week 4 so we'll get to that incident in a few weeks.

Hyped to hell for season 1 of ONE on TNT.

Edit: We on week 2, I'm not gonna make a thread for each week, I should've named it : ONE on TNT. If a mod can help it'd be nice.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Moraes looks significantly bigger than DJ. Good grief. Haven't seen much of him, so hard to make a prediction for this fight. I do think DJ is on the wrong side of 34 though.

Last edited:

sharkie

nightmare for One FC on TNT. Eddie gets DQ'd and Mighty Mouse loses to an unknown.
agree on eddie its a contentious decsion but I would just pull a NC and rebook the fight its a fight shit happens, as for DJ I agree its an early stoppage but that knee was nasty and the follow ups equally so but to say its a nightmare I disagree DJ is a great fighter with one of the best fight IQ in the game he got outfought and outplanned, if anything it shows that ONE's talent pool is high level especially in the lower weight classes, its a great time to be a combat sports fan, the PRIDE influence is there but commentry is just as bad as UFC if not worse needs more Bas Rutten, BANG BANG BONG
bas GIF

agree on eddie its a contentious decsion but I would just pull a NC and rebook the fight its a fight shit happens, as for DJ I agree its an early stoppage but that knee was nasty and the follow ups equally so but to say its a nightmare I disagree DJ is a great fighter with one of the best fight IQ in the game he got outfought and outplanned, if anything it shows that ONE's talent pool is high level especially in the lower weight classes, its a great time to be a combat sports fan, the PRIDE influence is there but commentry is just as bad as UFC if not worse needs more Bas Rutten, BANG BANG BONG
bas GIF
nightmare for One FC on TNT. Eddie gets DQ'd and Mighty Mouse loses to an unknown.
Unknown in NA maybe, trains out of American top team in Florida. Bjj at the highest level for sure, I wasn't sure about the standup but to compete at that speed with DJ was impressive. Watch the three fights dj fought at the grand prix & variety of styles & high calibre of opponents. Would love to see part 2 definitely.

Eddie was unlucky, he got his opening & dove in. The adrenaline got to him & his opponent had to be stretchered out. Back of the head & behind the ear are dangerous, don't fuck with the spine. NC & run it back. That guy was #2 & a calmer Eddie could've won that...

Commentary at ONE always suspect, Bas Rutten would be AWESOME. The pride route would be complemented with him. If you don't know him or need some fighting & self defence tips.

The Muay Thai match happened apparently, it was 5 am here but I don't remember it. Was watching stuff in between fights so maybe slipped by. Rodtang never disappoints though.

Moraes fought a great match against dj, calculated & he stuck to a gameplan. I enjoyed it. As a 135r I don't see anyone except Petr Yan beating him. Aljo maybe...

Some great matches on this

Top Bottom