• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Origin) Watch_Bomba: Indian edition - 59% off Watch_Dogs PC pre-order, can VPN

scitek

eh? don't know what you were so worried about. I've done this before with origin, except usually with paypal. but it still works out. It's not like origin isn't legitimate when it comes to actual business transactions

I've never bought something where my bank needed to convert the currency before, and Paypal wasn't available for this transaction.

Just out of curiosity, I went ahead and reordered this morning, and my bank account now shows 5 pending transactions. Three from the previous order I canceled (which I have a confirmation from EA of), and two from this morning's reorder. It says on Origin.com that my order's still Pending. Is it supposed to be completed already, or will they wait until the game's released?

The game shows up on my account, so I assume everything worked fine.

My issue with owning it through Origin, is that it will still likely need to launch UPlay whenever I want to play. So, if I'm going to list the game on Steam (so it's with the rest of my collection) - it's now flowing through THREE different pieces of software just to run.

Aaand it seems to have vanished. Oh well.

iNvid02

I've never bought something where my bank needed to convert the currency before, and Paypal wasn't available for this transaction.

Just out of curiosity, I went ahead and reordered this morning, and my bank account now shows 5 pending transactions. Three from the previous order I canceled (which I have a confirmation from EA of), and two from this morning's reorder. It says on Origin.com that my order's still Pending. Is it supposed to be completed already, or will they wait until the game's released?

hovering over the question marks says "we've billed you for your order but some items may not have shipped yet". i'd guess it will stay processing until its available for download.

Guri

My issue with owning it through Origin, is that it will still likely need to launch UPlay whenever I want to play. So, if I'm going to list the game on Steam (so it's with the rest of my collection) - it's now flowing through THREE different pieces of software just to run.

If you eventually try to buy from Origin, I'm not sure that will happen. Since it doesn't use EA's DRM, I think that if you open on Steam, it will open directly the uPlay service.

El Sabroso

they will give you a Key, and can download it from the Origin client, but it will not be needed, just the keys that are in the email, the only client needed is UPlay

Megasoum

Banned
they will give you a Key, and can download it from the Origin client, but it will not be needed, just the keys that are in the email, the only client needed is UPlay

Following that logic, wouldn't that meand that any uplay codes would also work on origin?

Basically all the good deals online right now are for uplay keys but I want Origin or Steam inbetween to handle the downloading and updating.

El Sabroso

Following that logic, wouldn't that meand that any uplay codes would also work on origin?

Basically all the good deals online right now are for uplay keys but I want Origin or Steam inbetween to handle the downloading and updating.

actually Origin can handle the downloading, it was just like this with my purchase for Tomb Raider last year, which is a Steam Game

Russia tends to have entirely separate regional games from most other places though, so I would be careful about buying Russian games.

I hope you can read and understand Russian, because that's what the game will be in.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Origin has always let you pick what language version you install no matter where you are.

Here's the supported languages too:

Supported Languages: Český, Deutsch (DE), English (US), Español (ES), Français (FR), Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português (BR), Português (PT)

Megasoum

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong but Origin has always let you pick what language version you install no matter where you are.

Here's the supported languages too:

Supported Languages: Český, Deutsch (DE), English (US), Español (ES), Français (FR), Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português (BR), Português (PT)

Exactly... Russia is not part of the worldwide sku you just listed.

Dolor

this is the dumbest thing I read.....so a game that is worth 69.99(deluxe) on release, that you would be getting for like 28-30 bucks.....over 50% off...IS NOT worth it?

like seriously?

you rather pay another 40 bucks just so it's on a different PC launcher? lol seriously?

Why would you assume I am buying on release on Steam? Of all the weird things about gamers I find the desperation to play certain games particularly on day 1 incredibly bizarre. There's lots of fish in the sea. No need to be desperate about any of them.

Lizardus

Why would you assume I am buying on release on Steam? Of all the weird things about gamers I find the desperation to play certain games particularly on day 1 incredibly bizarre. There's lots of fish in the sea. No need to be desperate about any of them.

It's not desperation, the price is too good to pass up. The fact that one wouldn't buy it just because it's on Origin is kind of sad.

Most of those should reverse eventually.

samething happened to me when I prepurchased some airline tickets...had 5 pending 1 dollar charges....then like 2 weeks later it reversed.

Your bank will charge a very small fee for converting...but it's a small one...probably like 3% of the purchase, check with ur bank.

so do you plan on purchasing it 6 months to a year from day 1? because this price will STILL be better than the price at that time.

Megasoum

Banned
So what part of what I said was wrong? You can buy it in the Russian store and play it in english correct?

I'm almost certain it still works in the russian store.

If Russian is not in the list of languages you listed for the "international" sku of the game (it isn't) then thats means that there is a seperate Russian/CIS sku available. If they make a special Rus/CIS sku they won't include english into it. Also it's possible that you won't be able to play multiplayer with people playing on the international sku.

That's how pretty much every Ubisoft games works nowadays.

If Russian is not in the list of languages you listed for the "international" sku of the game (it isn't) then thats means that there is a seperate Russian/CIS sku available. If they make a special Rus/CIS sku they won't include english into it. Also it's possible that you won't be able to play multiplayer with people playing on the international sku.

That's how pretty much every Ubisoft games works nowadays.

shit i forgot it's a ubi game. I guess that's different to origin then.

Top Bottom