• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the game, Ep.11

bgpb37.jpg

1677708083_74652abd28_b.jpg

the floating islands reminded me of wow, the flying hornets reminded me of halo.

big_z

Brobzoid said:
I was convinced someone was pulling a masturbation joke, but then it never ended :(

it was probably luke. it would explain his disappearance half way through the podcast. nothing like a morning wank. hopefully shawn bugs him about it next episode.

Steve Wilkos

Neo Member
Thank Shawn and Company.

Listening to shawn or luke or ngai breathe heavily into the mic will save me the trouble of you tubing some good masterbation material later. This is all I need.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It really seems like Luke has absolutely no interest in this show. It's not a big deal really, but it is such a stark difference from his 1UP Yours persona.

StuBurns

Banned
Zefah said:
It really seems like Luke has absolutely no interest in this show. It's not a big deal really, but it is such a stark difference from his 1UP Yours persona.
I get that vibe too. Like he agreed to doing it but doesn't want to tell them he's out or something.

Either way, I didn't post after I'd heard it all. Another great show, despite the Cameron rape scene at the start.

Curufinwe

Zefah said:

Yeah, he never seems to have much to say on this podcast.

Ecto311

Curufinwe said:
Yeah, he never seems to have much to say on this podcast.

I can see why most of the time. The podcast isn't bad but it goes off on some way out there tangents sometimes. It starts with a game or game idea then goes off on 20 different books about the subject and some what related subjects If you haven't read or care about the books it's hard to contribute to the subject.

Also why does this thing sound like shit on a constant basis? CheapyD and wombat from cheapassgamer.com put together a show weekly that sounds great and they are all the way around the world from each other.

The idea for the show is great and the people on the show are awesome but the way it is done is losing its appeal for me personally. I really want to like the show but with less people on each show and more obscure talk about things it makes it hard to listen to. We need Robert and Jeff back to make the shit fun again.

Ecto311 said:
I can see why most of the time. The podcast isn't bad but it goes off on some way out there tangents sometimes. It starts with a game or game idea then goes off on 20 different books about the subject and some what related subjects If you haven't read or care about the books it's hard to contribute to the subject.

Some of us love the show for EXACTLY that reason. I've picked up and read books that I wouldn't otherwise on Shawn or N'Gai's recommondation, and I enjoy that the discussion tends to cross multiple disciplines. Some may prefer concision, and that choice is theirs, but I prefer hearing the different takes on subjects and enjoy that the interpretation of each topic is usually through several lenses.

edit: can't spell.

Ecto311 said:

Also why does this thing sound like shit on a constant basis? CheapyD and wombat from cheapassgamer.com put together a show weekly that sounds great and they are all the way around the world from each other.

The idea for the show is great and the people on the show are awesome but the way it is done is losing its appeal for me personally. I really want to like the show but with less people on each show and more obscure talk about things it makes it hard to listen to. We need Robert and Jeff back to make the shit fun again.

I love that they go off on tangents. When they go off on to comic books or just good books to read I feel its pretty good info and most of the time its hilarious.

Sipowicz

Banned
i know i said i like it when theres less people but for all intents and purposes there was only 2 people on this podcast. i think it says a lot that no-one noticed luke got cut off

that said N'Gai was an excellent host and there was some cool arguments going on.

that post made by the shadow complex guy sounded impressive but like the dudes on the podcast said he was blowing a lot of hot air. at the end of the day they chose to associate themselves with the writer, and as shawn said there didn't seem to be much of a fucking point given how generic it all was

FartOfWar said:
I was beating off to Navi. Actually I hope it wasn't me as I have the same pet peeve and tried to police it on GFW radio. If it was me, pretend I'm jacking to the link on my twitter labelled "The law must be fair, let her go bare."

it actually did sound as if someone was bringing themselves off

Zen

Banned
Jtwo said:
Holy shit, that breathing during the shadow complex part is hilarious.

I thought Luke was stiffling laughter with his mic on mute (some sound can still get through on a lot of mics) but WTF was THAT? It went on for a long time.

EDIT: Luke, I think it's funny that you finally get back on and you mysteriously can't last the full episode. I look forward to hearing you again on episode 17 or so. :lol

nilbog21

Banned
Ecto311 said:

this is why this show is so amazing. finally got around to listen to it, shawn you are brilliant *bow*/ and i love how everytime luke did say something you guys just shut him down real hard LOL then he just peaced

Amazing show, best videogame podcast A++
Shawn needs someone to work off of tho :<

DustoMan

Banned
I kinda wonder if these guys should have been talking about Shadow Complex in the first place this episode. It sounded like they didn't give the game nearly enough time to play and started making assumptions that were just flat out wrong. Pretty shitty coming from people I consider to be among the best former game reviewers in the industry. I understand that this was not by any means supposed to be a formal review, but come on. If no one on the panel had even finished the initial levels then there shouldn't had been nearly as much time devoted to it as they did in this episode.

stuburns said:
Ken Levine, he was awesome on GFW the other day, if you can make that show listenable, you are worthy of a OOTG seat.
My hope when I first heard where Shawn was going was that him and Levine would do a podcast.

Cat in the Hat said:
My hope when I first heard where Shawn was going was that him and Levine would do a podcast.
Pretty sure that either Shawn or Ken has said that they're working on something over at THQ...

Don't ask me to find a quote though.

Hy_

:lol Sounds like Luke feel asleep half way through and was breathing heavily. Still a good podcast, one of the few that can keep my full attention. But you assholes really need to get the full crew on more often! N'gai and Shawn are the only consistent ones.

Sipowicz

Banned
did anyone notice that ngai hasnt played super metroid? he's in for a helll of a treat if hes only played the gba games

im guessing he'd love castlevania games too

stuburns said:
I meant GWJ, not GFW earlier, apologizes.

i know what you mean. i never got into gwj or idle thumbs for precisely that reason. i cant tell any of the people apart and the podcasts seem really boring. gwj was good when jeff or shawn was on. i still need to listen to the ken levine one though

Ledsen

Sipowicz said:
did anyone notice that ngai hasnt played super metroid? he's in for a helll of a treat if hes only played the gba games

im guessing he'd love castlevania games too

i know what you mean. i never got into gwj or idle thumbs for precisely that reason. i cant tell any of the people apart and the podcasts seem really boring. gwj was good when jeff or shawn was on. i still need to listen to the ken levine one though

Yeah, he was all "I didn't get into Metroid until recently" and I was all "Well at least you did get into it" then he was all "Zero Mission and Fusion" and I was like "WTF???????". N-Gai, please play Super Metroid.

Top Bottom