• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders, (13 January 2077), announced by Square Enix [official presentation at Square Enix E3 2019]

D.Final

Banned

The probable new IP of the People Can Fly team.
(the creators of Bulletstorm)

Update:

Square Enix announces Outriders

Square Enix has announced Outriders, a new title it plans to share more information about during the “Square Enix Live E3 2019” event on June 10 at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET.

Watch a 15-second teaser trailer below. The description for the teaser trailer contains the text, “Initialize Cryostasis wake-up procedure.” The source code for the page contains the keyword, “Square Enix External Studios,” which indicates that this is likely an externally-developed title—perhaps the June 2017-announced project from People Can Fly.

Update 2:

Update 3:

The famous People Can Fly project, published by Square Enix, is confirmed as to be Outriders.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
i wish they would not announce it and just have a nice suprise during the conference

In fact, such a sudden announcement was really unusual.

We see that they wanted to raise the Hype for the conference even more.

Curious to see if he can be a spiritual successor to Bulletstorm, or Dead Space.

I thought thread title was a joke about Square-Enix's game release delays.

A small quote from Cyberpunk 2077.

Stafford

Hopefully not yet another game skipping Xbox for no reason. Talking about Babylon's Fall and The quiet man. Although missing out on the latter is only a blessing.

D.Final

Banned
Same here. I thought "Well I'll be long dead by the time this comes out".

I thought that the cute quote made by the game at Cyberpunk 2077 would have been understood immediately :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Square Enix announces Outriders

Square Enix has announced Outriders, a new title it plans to share more information about during the “Square Enix Live E3 2019” event on June 10 at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET.

Watch a 15-second teaser trailer below. The description for the teaser trailer contains the text, “Initialize Cryostasis wake-up procedure.” The source code for the page contains the keyword, “Square Enix External Studios,” which indicates that this is likely an externally-developed title—perhaps the June 2017-announced project from People Can Fly.

Mista

Banned
Looks interesting but wanna see more of it before getting hyped. Also does it look like Ubisoft has MANY upcoming projects or it’s just my imagination?

D.Final

Banned
Looks interesting but wanna see more of it before getting hyped. Also does it look like Ubisoft has MANY upcoming projects or it’s just my imagination?

I think you meant SquareEnix?
Quite right?

In any case, yes.
There are many teams, among them both ubisoft and Square Enix, that they have several games coming out in the coming months.
Where ubisoft carries out multiple titles, such as Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs, and the Division.
And even Square Enix itself has multiple games to be released over the next few months (and soon), and among these are:

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Marvel's Avengers
Babylon's Fall
Dragon Quest XI S
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Octopath Traveler for PC
Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers
Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles Remastered Edition
Kingdom Hearts 3 Remind
Life is Strange 2 (Episode 4 and 5)
Left for Dead 2 (of which is pubblisher)
Outriders
[and probably more]

The E3 period is always a period full of pleasant surprises for a gamer :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I think you meant SquareEnix?
Quite right?

In any case, yes.
There are many teams, among them both ubisoft and Square Enix, that they have several games coming out in the coming months.
Where ubisoft carries out multiple titles, such as Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs, and the Division.
And even Square Enix itself has multiple games to be released over the next few months (and soon), and among these are:

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Marvel's Avengers
Babylon's Fall
Dragon Quest XI S
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Octopath Traveler for PC
Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers
Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles Remastered Edition
Kingdom Hearts 3 Remind
Life is Strange 2 (Episode 4 and 5)
Left for Dead 2 (of which is pubblisher)
Outriders
[and probably more]

The E3 period is always a period full of pleasant surprises for a gamer :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
Yeah I knew about SE but also was sure that Ubi does have many upcoming projects too. Especially that both companies got lots of studios

Unfortunately last couple of years weren't that great for me. Having high hopes on this year though

Nymphae

Banned
I'm going to keep harping on this until people stop doing it

qjH5YwO.png

This is ridiculous

Nymphae

Banned
Ummm what’s this? That’s not how it shows on my end + it’s not like people are doing it intentionally :)

It's a gematsu link preview that is multiple times the size of the actual text because it includes this massive image of what I'm assuming is their mascot or something. I don't see previews like that with any other links that people post here, usually its just a small thumbnail and some text. Gematsu links do thst as well, and then also include this ridiculously large image underneath it. What does it look like on your end?

It looks way worse on desktop, but here it is on mobile as well, it's smaller but still unnecessarily large Imo.

jaa6nN8.png

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
It's a gematsu link preview that is multiple times the size of the actual text because it includes this massive image of what I'm assuming is their mascot or something. I don't see previews like that with any other links that people post here, usually its just a small thumbnail and some text. Gematsu links do thst as well, and then also include this ridiculously large image underneath it. What does it look like on your end?
Hold on my man I am going to show you right now

Edit: Just like this, neat.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-08-at-7-01-23-PM.png

Last edited:

Shifty

Interesting indeed.

The phrase "huge numbers of Outriders" makes me think this is going to be SE's answer to Destiny and other such service games.

D.Final

Banned
According to the statements of People Can Fly a few years ago, it is a very ambitious triple A shooter game, which has grown a lot as an ambition over the years of development.
Furthermore, they said that it would be done with a lot of consideration (and thus very much inspired) to their best works, like Bulletstorm.

So it will almost certainly be a shooting game (FPS and maybe even TPS), single player and even muliplayer.
(exactly like Bulletstorm, probably)

[always according to the People Can Fly latest statements, and latest interview]

Top Bottom