• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OXM August 2006

Chi-Town

On the Disc

Demos(Only 360 this month)

Lost Planet
Perfect Dark Zero
2006 FIFA World Cup

E3 Videos

Halo 3
Forza 2
Fable 2
Alan Wake
Call of Duty 3
Viva Pinata
Shadowrun

Dead Rising video:60 ways to kill a Zombie

Rumors

Next Gen Road Rash
new IP from EA called Dead Space
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic headed to 360
Fable 2 in Holiday 2008

Reviews

Xbox

NCAA Football 2007 9.0
NFL Head Coach 7.5
Stacked 6.5
Crusty Demons 7.0
And 1 Streetball 7.5
Over the Hedge 5.5
Jaws Unleashed 6.5
Da Vinci Code 3.0
The Hustle:Detroit Streets 4.5

MotoGP 06 8.0

Live Arcade

UNO 8.0

Oneself

Funky Papa said:
This better be true. And EA better do the game justice, or something.

Sadly, I guess they'll "Need for speed" it.. as in "yo dude you can ****ing pimp out your ride y'all".

DMczaf

Rumors

Next Gen Road Rash
new IP from EA called Dead Space

With EA using more owned IPs, they better ditch that crap NFL Street franchise (I've tried to like it EA! HONEST!!) and give us the REAL Arcade football franchise!

Caratula+Mutant+League+Football.jpg

DMczaf

Dante said:
This is coming, there was a presentation from this game on next gen AI from EA at GDC. It made mention of this game several times.

Any pics or info? Or were they just name dropping Next-Gen Road Rash?

Dante

Any pics or info? Or were they just name dropping Next-Gen Road Rash?

Nah, it was a bunch of techno jargon about Next Gen AI in a PDF and made mentioned Next Gen RoadRash was on the way.

Borys

Banned
I swear I read sometime ago that Dead Space was a Looking Glass Studios title, canned by the way. Or was it Deep Space? Or Deep Drive? Hmm... dunno.

Anyway, Dead Space seems interesting, it's not a movie-to-game title at least.

Funky Papa said:
This better be true.

Yes. I heard about it before E3 from several sources and wondered why EA didn't show anything. Road Rash should be a multiplatform title, even a PSP version is planned.

Barnolde

Banned
Scottlarock said:
Road Rash on live= OMG screw graphics, give me the OG rash from 3DO on XBA with online for 800 points = OMG

Road Rash has been confirmed for XBLA for a long time. It'll probably be 400 points. I think the pics of it were taken down, because MS didn't want that info out yet.

M3wThr33

Banned
I saw that they aren't slim discs anymore. That must suck.
I just wish OPM would go to slim discs. $40 annually, I think I deserve a nice way to display them.

Second the Mutant League Football request. Does EA realize that people who haven't bought a Madden game in 10 years would buy MLF and then say "Hey, football games are fun these days"?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Lol, if the internet wasn't enough to kill magazines, putting direct-to-console demos on the system itself renders magazines as pretty shite.

GreggTheGrimReaper said:
next gen road rash would make a dream come true :D i just hope they don't make a teenie-game out of it like need for speed.

They will if it means it'll sell like Need for Speed.

I third the request for a great Mutant League revival. For that matter, come out with the kick ass Mutant League Basketball, that was never released! It looked AWESOME!

Gigglepoo

CountZeroInt said:
Second the Mutant League Football request. Does EA realize that people who haven't bought a Madden game in 10 years would buy MLF and then say "Hey, football games are fun these days"?

Someone needs to mention it to EA. I can't believe I didn't remember at E3. It's not like I'm in contact with them the other 354 days of the year. NFL Street is too thugged up and Blitz is just broken. I love the NFL but even I need some good, ol' fashioned Mutants.

Karg

Gigglepoo said:
Someone needs to mention it to EA. I can't believe I didn't remember at E3. It's not like I'm in contact with them the other 354 days of the year. NFL Street is too thugged up and Blitz is just broken. I love the NFL but even I need some good, ol' fashioned Mutants.

Indeed, what other games could you kill the ref for being a cheating bribed sob. I'd be so down for some XBLA Mutant League.....shit give me that and some General Chaos or Herzog Zwei....

Gigglepoo

Karg said:
Indeed, what other games could you kill the ref for being a cheating bribed sob. I'd be so down for some XBLA Mutant League.....shit give me that and some General Chaos or Herzog Zwei....

Wow

How come General Chaos isn't out on XBLA yet? Maybe Nintendo will release it for their VC. I mean, if any games from the Genesis era could have used some online functionality, it was clearly this game.

Sometimes I wonder why there are so many frickin' things that gamers want that are never realized. This would take about a week to port and would satiate the appetite of all those XBLA hungry gamers. Win/Win!

Top Bottom