• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld might be in trouble as Nintendo president confirms 'action will be taken'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
resize
The future of Palworld might be in jeopardy after all. After so long without any repercussions, we believed the monster wrangling game safe, but it seems The Pokémon Company was only biding its time.

The Nintendo president has finally addressed the swirling mass of rumours, confirming that “actions will be taken”.

What these actions entail hasn’t been specified beyond the need to appropriately deal with brands that “infringe our [Nintendo] intellectual property rights”.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It's all fun and games until you sell 12 million copies.

Sojiro

I still haven't found a comprehensible explanation as to on what legal ground exactly Nintendo has anything on their hands against them?
Honestly me either in the grand scheme of things. Palword absolutely aped a bunch of the Pokemon designs for their pals, but I don't know if they are similar enough for Nintendo to really do anything legally about it. "Actions will be taken" could still be nothing but talk so I guess we'll see.

Draugoth

Gold Member
This is the actual quote:

This was revealed during an interview with Reuters JP, when Nintendo’s current CEO revealed that they will “take appropriate action against those that infringe our intellectual property rights.”

Sorry Draugoth Draugoth but this rumor is just another fart in the wind. The exact words are basically a generic non-answer.

Fake news by the article makers then, i will ask the mods to delete this.

Rockondevil

Nintendo coming for their Mewtwo Y.

kvxgzbu.jpg

I do hope Nintendo doesn't take everything from them. Maybe Nintendo should try to take them on and ditch GameFreak.

Mr Moose

Clickbait.

What was actually said:
In a Q&A session after its latest earnings call (via Reuters), Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa was questioned about the Palworld controversy. Without naming the game in particular, just like the earlier statement, Furukawa said, "We will take appropriate action against those that infringe our intellectual property rights."
Edit: Beaten.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I don't know how much I can trust her word on this.
Her article starts with this
Za4crfW.png

And she expects us to believe this without a source
wc8Edml.png

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
I doubt the source but I would love it if Nintendo decided to fight by actually taking the phenomenon to heart. The masses want new and different Pokemon experiences.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
He doesn't specify. I don't think there's anything they can do at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom