• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul WS Anderson Probably Back Making Resident Evil Movies

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Is Milla Jovovich gonna be in this?

sweating-hot.gif

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
The frantic cuts in the final chapter where so off putting that he can gladly stay away if you ask me.

Doom85

Kevin Hart No GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud
stephen colbert middle finger GIF
Season 3 Middle Finger GIF by STARZ

I mean, it says he’s only producing, but still I want zero creative input from him on this or any adaptation. I want to follow the characters from the original source material, not watch a guy write an OC Mary Sue fanfiction tribute to his SO.

Last edited:
Anderson has made some excellent movies in the past and it's a shame they're overshadowed by the later crappy Resident Evil instalments. Event Horizon, Mortal Kombat, Death Race and the first two RE films are all excellent. I don't think it's a good idea for him to jump back into the franchise again after a decade at the helm.

No, god no.
Kevin Hart No GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud's Laugh Out Loud
stephen colbert middle finger GIF
Season 3 Middle Finger GIF by STARZ

I mean, it says he’s only producing, but still I want zero creative input from him on this or any adaptation. I want to follow the characters from the original source material, not watch a guy write an OC Mary Sue fanfiction tribute to his SO.
The frantic cuts in the final chapter where so off putting that he can gladly stay away if you ask me.
reslide.jpg

His RE movies are the Fast and Furious of video game movies. Capcom likes that he makes them money.

GymWolf

While I can agree that she a poster girl for the RE movies. I really do not believe she's that attractive. Also, many years have passed since then and I doubt she aged well.

Besides don't you have mouse balls to fantasize about instead?
She has no curves to speak of, but she has a nice face if you like the nordic\androgynous type.

To return on topic, the latest re adaptations were absolute shit, so anderson movies are the best choice, as ironic as it sound...

I use to think Resident Evil movies deserved a better director. But then I remembered the source of inspiration for these games, which are bad B-movies with terrible acting... so he's the right guy for the job.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'd go down THAT Alice's rabbit hole.

Off with my head

I'd get the virus from THAT.

I'd feature in HER Puscifer song.

Im struggling to visualize what a good resident evil movie looks like. They've had so many attempts at it.

You neckbeards talking shit about Milla are hopeless, by the way.
fgbfDg3.gif

Last edited:
I like his movies, they're fun. Sure, he's not as famous or as talented as the other Paul Anderson. But hey he's found his niche.

Milla Jovovich is one of the most beautiful women the world. Personally I think she has aged amazingly for someone who is 47. That’s her daughter by the way.
BSoydJR.jpg
Her daughter looks like the Cuban singer Camilla Cabello.
MV5BOTc0MGMzNDEtMWIzZS00Mzg5LWI3MGMtMDg3MGNmYTBiMzYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Im struggling to visualize what a good resident evil movie looks like. They've had so many attempts at it.

You neckbeards talking shit about Milla are hopeless, by the way.
fgbfDg3.gif
I've never seen that interview before lol. According to the watermark it's French, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same show who insulted Jonah Hill to his face. Smelly Frenchman, always looking down at everybody.
I wish he could release the uncut version of Event Horizon he is hoarding somewhere. The backups he kept for himself, not the ones that got ruined in the salt mines or whatever. I'm sure he has them.

Just release it Paul.
That's something I never understood about this whole situation. Event Horizon was released in the late 90s, Anderson is acting as though it's the same situation like Metropolis (a family from the 1930s that's infamously incomplete, though different copies have been found). I mean surely there would have been several copies of the VHS originals at the studio, that one in the salt mine was heavily damaged and only a few scenes made it onto the DVD.

Trunx81

Milla Jovovich is one of the most beautiful women the world. Personally I think she has aged amazingly for someone who is 47. That’s her daughter by the way.
BSoydJR.jpg
That daughter was also Black Widow as a kid.

Still got to watch the last RE. They were the kind of “so bad that they are good”, if you left your brain at the cinema front door. First one was also decent with some nice ideas (laser trap and elevator scene).

For fuck sakes.

Welcome to Raccoon City was certainly not an excellent movie but it’s easily the best one in the heap of shit RE movies that exist. At least they had characters from the games (though they did woke Jill and Leon), great designs of locations that looked like the game versions, and had bits of the actual story from the games in it. Their problem was putting parts 1 and 2 in the movie so it felt rushed, they should have done them separately. The CGI was not the best, either.

If they can’t do it like they did the Last of Us tv show, they can just fuck off.

For fuck sakes.

Welcome to Raccoon City was certainly not an excellent movie but it’s easily the best one in the heap of shit RE movies that exist. At least they had characters from the games (though they did woke Jill and Leon), great designs of locations that looked like the game versions, and had bits of the actual story from the games in it. Their problem was putting parts 1 and 2 in the movie so it felt rushed, they should have done them separately. The CGI was not the best, either.

If they can’t do it like they did the Last of Us tv show, they can just fuck off.
I have an idea. They could just produce this script https://ia801008.us.archive.org/25/...omero/Resident Evil - by George A. Romero.txt
and it could be a reboot, while also being a tribute to Romero at the same time.

H4ze

I love Resident Evil, but these movies were absolute dogshit for the most of it. And I too, don't think Mila is attractive :-/

I have an idea. They could just produce this script https://ia801008.us.archive.org/25/items/resident-evil-by-george-a.-romero/Resident Evil - by George A. Romero.txt
and it could be a reboot, while also being a tribute to Romero at the same time.

I’ve seen some cool stuff on YouTube where they did “if Resident Evil were a 60’s/70’s George Romero horror movie” and though it’s just pictures, it’s really cool and captures more of the RE feel than any Anderson garbage.

I recommend you guys read the Romero Resident Evil script. It actually reads ALOT like the first Paul WS Anderson movie, but more detailed. Anderson’s movie was straight to the point. Commandos dropping in, the laser room, Rodriguez, ect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom