• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PC Gamer] Ubisoft is raising the price of Rainbow Six Siege

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
UWKqERcuH26vTnJSsTHdBc-650-80.jpg

"At that time the Standard Edition of Siege (currently $40 in most stores) will become the "Advanced Edition," and retail for $60. It's worth underlining that buyers will get slightly more out of this version of the game, but in the form of bonus cosmetic item packs and in-game currency, not operators, although that currency can be spent on operators.
In summary, after February 13:
  • Starter Edition - $15
  • Advanced Edition (currently Standard Edition) - $60 (currently $40)
  • Gold Edition - $90 (currently $70)
  • Complete Edition - $130 (currently $90)"
More at: http://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-price/

Jim Sterling made a video too:

Ubisoft is like a brother to EA(?)

Last edited:

A.Romero

First time I hear of a game going up in price while availability is not an issue.

I hope this doesn't become the norm going forward. I seldom play Ubisoft games anymore and stuff like this would definitely push me away.

They feel that the additional content is and is going to be worth the cost. They have added a lot. Jumping in at base game is unwise. The grind would be terrible. If you wanted to start now, you’d be wise to get them season passes.

MultiCore

They feel that the additional content is and is going to be worth the cost. They have added a lot. Jumping in at base game is unwise. The grind would be terrible. If you wanted to start now, you’d be wise to get them season passes.
What a statement about the game.

That whole "progression" scheme seems like a system designed to prevent people from having access to game data they paid for, in my opinion. It's not just this game either.

It's a terrible trend, imo.

What a statement about the game.

That whole "progression" scheme seems like a system designed to prevent people from having access to game data they paid for, in my opinion. It's not just this game either.

It's a terrible trend, imo.
It’s hard to balance I’m sure. When first dlc operators came out, they were free with season pass or $25,000. And that was cool. People who played the game could easily afford the dlc, enough space in between. I never had an issue not buying the season pass.

Now there are over 10 dlc operators. Plus base. So someone new would have a terrible grind. But launch players wouldn’t of had issue. In fact it was great. I never had any reason to spend money after buying at launch.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Seems like it'd be wiser to just stay away. When you're expected to pay $40 and buy the season pass just to play the game something's wrong already.

Seems like it'd be wiser to just stay away. When you're expected to pay $40 and buy the season pass just to play the game something's wrong already.
The trap city direction does that by itself.

I played from launch which was December 2015 up to late September 2017. I got tired of the annoyance of the game. But that’s just me.

grumpyGamer

Man I could make a book about greedy companies like Ubisoft, EA, Activison ...etc....
There is no way that is acceptable, i agree with jim sterling 100%, thats why I don´t buy any games at lunch from these companies.
They only care about the dollar, and the player can go to hell, they ruin the progression and make the game a grindfest.

wipeout364

I think they can try this but it will fail. They really should just bundle the year one operators and raise the price of that’s what they want to do.

I think that siege has been very fair in the way they have released and charged for content. They charge a reasonable price for operators and give the maps away for free one each season. (4 per year which really is more than enough in this kind of game).

They have a store where you can buy what you want; no mystery box shit and while prices may be high they are there and you know what you are getting.

Frankly Siege has been a model IMO for how to do this kind of game. I have been a little concerned about these loot packs they have added but so far they are not available for purchase except with in game currency and they only have stuff in the store so I am ok with that.

wipeout364

Has any other Ubisoft game received this much support?
Ubisoft has been pretty good about supporting their games in the last few years. Most of their games get lots of patching and post launch content. They make lots of mistakes but I think they are pretty decent when compared to EA or Activision.

Top Bottom