• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers. no more $1000 gaming rigs 4U!

BeOnEdge

Banned
u now pay $3500 to run doom 3! :)

3Dlabs Unleashes Wildcat Realizm 800

Milpitas, CA; June 17, 2004 -- 3Dlabs Inc. has introduced its PCI Express-based Wildcat Realizm 800. A professional PCI Express-based graphics accelerator, the Wildcat Realizm 800 features a Wildcat Realizm Vertex/Scalability Unit (VSU) and dual Wildcat Realizm Visual Processing Units (VPU) to deliver more than 700 GFLOPS of floating-point graphics processing. The Wildcat Realizm 800 and the new AGP 8x-based Wildcat Realizm 100 and 200 deliver industry-leading programmability to OpenGL Shading Language and Microsoft DirectX 9.0 HLSL shader programs. The Wildcat Realizm 800 is slated for availability in the third calendar quarter of this year at an suggested retail price of $2799.

The 16-lane PCI Express-based Wildcat Realizm 800 graphics accelerator doubles raw geometry and fill-rate performance over any single processor graphics solution. Wildcat Realizm 800 has a total of 512-bit bus to 512MB GDDR3 graphics memory. Wildcat Realizm 800 also integrates 128MB of onboard DirectBurst memory to transparently store commands and geometry data for boosting geometry-intensive applications for an amazing total of 640MB of onboard memory, delivering over 64GB/second of total graphics memory bandwidth. Wildcat Realizm 800 powers through the Viewperf 7.1.1 UGS-03 benchmark with an unprecedented and unmatched score of greater than 80 frames per second making it the ultimate ultra high-end professional graphics solution. Wildcat Realizm 800 also drives two, dual-link DVI-I connectors and a stereo connector.

The Wildcat Realizm Multiview Option Kit integrates 3Dlabs' fifth-generation Genlock and Framelock capabilities for seamless synchronization between displays and systems for visual simulation, virtual reality and broadcast applications. To add Framelock and Genlock capabilities to the Wildcat Realizm 800, the kit offers an interface card, which occupies the space of an additional slot, and includes both a jumper cable to connect to the graphics accelerator and a six foot Framelock cable. Available in third calendar quarter of this year, the kit has a suggested retail price of $650.

3Dlabs Acuity drivers deliver professional-level OpenGL 1.5 support, including an optimized OpenGL Shading Language compiler on both Windows and Linux, together with full DirectX 9.0 HLSL (Vertex Shader 2.0 and Pixel Shader 3.0) support on Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Acuity drivers will also be available with full 64-bit drivers for Windows XP and Linux in the third quarter of 2004.

Find out more information on the entire Wildcat Realizm family of professional graphics accelerators at www.3Dlabs.com.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The Wildcat series is designed typically to run Programs such as 3D Studio Max and Maya. The performace per dollar in games is horrible.

"The Wildcat series is designed typically to run Programs such as 3D Studio Max and Maya. The performace per dollar in games is horrible."

WHAT? YOU MEAN I SPENT ALL THIS MONEY ON MY SGI SERVER FOR NOTHING?!!@?@! FUCK THIS, I'M GOING BACK TO CONSOLES.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
BeOnEdge said:
so these things have all this power and suck at running games?

Yep,
although suck is not really the word.
They will play games well, but I would estimate no better then the top of the line ATI or Nvidia card.

They have built for design not games.

Top Bottom