• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny Arcade on World of Warcraft 1.9

20051128h.jpg

I seriously do wonder if anything will ever be done to balance out the Shaman class. But what could you do that wouldn't completely change the way they're played?

I can usually get a smile out of any PA strip, but that one is really for WoW insiders only. And there's a typo in the first panel.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I can usually get a smile out of any PA strip, but that one is really for WoW insiders only. And there's a typo in the first panel.

likewise.

After living with a girl who played WOW a scary amount anything WOW <> humour to me. I simply don't understand that genre of game.

Zaptruder

Banned
Actually the funny thing about arcane missles is that they've recieved a new 'on contact' graphic... it releases a small sparkly shower, very similar to a fireworks explosion.

Hunter's arcane shot, aimed shot and multishot also has the same graphics.

People now like been hit by hunters :)

"Aimed shot crits you for 2135 damage."

"Ooh, sparkly."

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As a shaman, I resent that third frame. I died in PVP just the other day, actually. I was afk.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
commish said:
I died in PVP just the other day, actually. I was afk.

And it was in Alterac Valley. Once all forty Alliance characters focused their efforts on killing commish, they managed to bring him down in a little over ten minutes.

As a gnome warrior, I share Ferrio's sentiments. Shamans aren't that bad. As an undead Rogue, Paladins can go fuck themselves with a dry cob of corn.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya paladins are a bitch to fight as a rogue. You either have to take them down faster than they realize you can (so they don't pop a shield), or just hope you can fucking outlast 2 shields an a bar of mana.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
D2M15 said:
And it was in Alterac Valley. Once all forty Alliance characters focused their efforts on killing commish, they managed to bring him down in a little over ten minutes.

I drop two epics when killed, did you know that?

Mashing

Well, I should mention that I don't play WoW at the moment and when I quit it was taking our guild and one other (one of the top guilds on Aggramar) about a week to do it... but this was mainly due to schudeling conflicts than anything else.

I haven't played it in a while so I'm sure if you have a strategy and a familarity with MC it'd take much less. Do any of the newer raid instances take longer? I know Blackwing Lair opened right about the time I quit playing.

Mashing said:
Well, I should mention that I don't play WoW at the moment and when I quit it was taking our guild and one other (one of the top guilds on Aggramar) about a week to do it... but this was mainly due to schudeling conflicts than anything else.

I haven't played it in a while so I'm sure if you have a strategy and a familarity with MC it'd take much less. Do any of the newer raid instances take longer? I know Blackwing Lair opened right about the time I quit playing.

Well my guild clears Rag in under 6 hours, so yeah it's not so bad once you get efficient. I think Elitist Jerks can do it in under 3. As for BWL, well, there's no trash mobs, so it shouldn't take nearly as long as MC.

Mashing said:
Well, shit like Molten Core takes about a week to complete... that's what they mean by Timesink Caverns.
If you're not terrible at the game, you can do it in 4 hours.

I agree with their sentiment on the news post that raids are bullshit. We've got 3 40 man dungeons now, it's more than enough. Give us more 5 man instances, and put epics in them so I would actually have a reason to go. A big topic on the WOW General forum now is that once you start MC and pile up on epics, you have nothing else to do for the rest of your gametime other than 40-man raids and waiting hours for PVP queues.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
If you're not terrible at the game and are fully equipped, you can do it in 4 hours.
fixed

the trick for most guilds who haven't been in the core for that long is that they are still finishing out sets and getting their epics. I can see how it takes them a while.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
bune duggy said:
Ok, but what the hell is he saying?

Its ingame short hand for:

"Looking for 399 more group members for the Timesink Caverns, Please send a tell".

siege

Banned
1st and 2nd panels are right on. Arcane Missles will never be fixed and raid content blows. Shamans are only overpowered in duels.

Top Bottom