• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin PSP New Mode/DLC?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
So being the OCD Persona 2 fan that I am, I was ripping the art from the flash file on the Japanese Persona 2 Innocent Sin official site and noticed some new art/pics of something called the "Class of Charisma"... I'm thinking these might have to do with the DLC that Andriasang was mentioning from the latest trailer.

Classroom of Charisma summary:

classroomofcharisma01.jpg

Teacher from the "Classroom of Charisma":

image17k.png

"Classroom of Charisma" Teacher's Bio(?):

bioou.jpg

Unknown new character #1:

image19w.png

Unknown new character #2:

image22d.png

Unknown new character #3:

image25q.png

"Classroom of Charisma" screenshots:

p202.png

p201.png

P2 spoilers:

Since the new teacher has yellow eyes, I wonder if he has any affiliation with/is an incarnation of Nyarlathotep :3

Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention ;)

And if you know Japanese, please feel free to summarize or translate the J bios/summaries above :)

Edit:

Famitsu article:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201102/18040493.html

graywolf323 said:
that has got to be one of the creepiest looking teachers I can remember from the Persona series...

Don't read the spoiler! But if you've played the P2 games you probably know why...
Ohohoho.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nice to see new content. But I rather have Atlus JP/US add Eternal Punishment to the PSP remake mix. >:|

IrishNinja

TheSeks said:
Nice to see new content. But I rather have Atlus JP/US add Eternal Punishment to the PSP remake mix. >:|

...how is this not happening? i thought that was the entire point of putting 2 out there again? damn.

duckroll

Eternal Punishment is an entire game on it's own. Considering Innocent Sin isn't even out yet, why would they announce the next game?

Btw, it says that the Classroom of Charisma side quest is designed by the director of the PS2 Devil Summoner games.

Shouta

There's some info in last week's famitsu about some new characters in the game but I don't have it on me at the moment. Anyway, the art images used to represent the characters got a bit more life it seems with a few emoticons and changes to liven it up a bit more it seems.

Vamphuntr

I think I might double dip if the added sidequest and content are worth it. Really liked Innocent Sin. Still have my psx discs for both EP and IS so the added stuff will be a deal breaker.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
duckroll said:
Eternal Punishment is an entire game on it's own. Considering Innocent Sin isn't even out yet, why would they announce the next game?

Because with the NGP, PSP's days are numbered.

Would like both of them to at least be on the PSP. :/

The Classroom of Charisma thing is one of the quests from the Theater mode. As some have said, it was in Famitsu last week, but the official site is waiting to put it up, it seems.

IrishNinja

B.K. said:
So they can release Eternal Punishment on its own and make more money from it.

yeah, true. duckroll's right about being entire games, i was always told they were parts of a whole. either way, long as we (finally) get both - somehow before the PSP dies - i'm cool.

fernoca

I do wonder how the whole "dynamic" between Tatsuya and Jun will be handled this time if the game is released in the states. I've read about it for years, so it would be cool if done right. :)

Vamphuntr

fernoca said:
I do wonder how the whole "dynamic" between Tatsuya and Jun will be handled this time if the game is released in the states. I've read about it for years, so it would be cool if done right. :)

You probably read something written by fangirls because there isn't much in game. Actual convo in game about it are really scarce. Through the contact system there are some options talking about it though but they are really tame.

fernoca

Vamphuntr said:
You probably read something written by fangirls because there isn't much in game. Actual convo in game about it are really scarce. Through the contact system there are some options talking about it though but they are really tame.
Weird, I've read about it across so many sites, FAQs and even this same forum around the item of the translation patches that I thought it was a given. :p

Oh well, loved Eternal Punishment anyway, so this will be a nice "prequel" of that.

TheSeks said:

I don't think publishers care about new psp hardware sales anymore by the time NGP is out. what they care is the PSP userbase is still big and persona isn't the kind of game using NGP strength (network/graphic etc) to attract their audience.

they can still release it as psp game, and NGP can play PSP games anyway.

Vamphuntr

fernoca said:
Weird, I've read about it across so many sites, FAQs and even this same forum around the item of the translation patches that I thought it was a given. :p

Oh well, loved Eternal Punishment anyway, so this will be a nice "prequel" of that.

Well the fact Jun
is gay and loves Tatsuya is pretty obvious but that's pretty much it. You can choose him as a lover but it doesn't do much plotwise. You get Ginko complaining and telling you she will be amazing later on and that you will regret it. That's it. Contact info refers to Jun as Ginko's rival and as a dragqueen. If you later on put the blame on Jun he has a mental breakdown. Nothing else.

Don't expect in depth dialogue about it or other characters talking about it much.

fernoca

Vamphuntr said:
Well the fact Jun
is gay and loves Tatsuya is pretty obvious but that's pretty much it. You can choose him as a lover but it doesn't do much plotwise. You get Ginko complaining and telling you she will be amazing later on and that you will regret it. That's it. Contact info refers to Jun as Ginko's rival and as a dragqueen. If you later on put the blame on Jun he has a mental breakdown. Nothing else.

Don't expect in depth dialogue about it or other characters talking about it much.
That's quite nice anyway. :p

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Fimbulvetr said:
He only ever does that when copying existing characters. In his non-Shadow Clone disguises can look like anything.

But yellow eyes, blonde hair, and blue costumes are evocative of something else from P3 and P4: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-08/p4-margaret1.html

Except it's a black pin striped suit, purple shirt, evil looking, and P3/P4 connection in my P2? nothnxbai ;)

Also, he's in the real world and not the Velvet Room and not by Igor's side haha

Akselziys said:
Except it's a black pin striped suit, purple shirt, evil looking, and P3/P4 connection in my P2? nothnxbai ;)

Looking at the Nyarlathotep art from the old games. His shadow clones have amber eyes similar to this teacher, rather than the bright yellow of the velvet room residents.
NVM then.

KibblesBits said:
Care to remind us of the latter?

Hitler, for one, was really just Nyar-man in disguise.

Also the Time Count.

Brown and red eyes, respectively.

Akselziys said:
Also, he's in the real world and not the Velvet Room and not by Igor's side haha

Liz, Theo, and Marge all show up in he real world(the former two being optional, the latter not so much).

cj_iwakura

Yep, pure Soejima right there. He has his talents.

I really miss the hand-drawn hi res art style he did for Stella Deus and Persona 3. That was where he really shined.

graywolf323

Gunloc said:
Delicious new content~ ^_^

I'm such an enhanced port whore, but I feel no shame.

P.S. I love this girl's design.

qe6aW.jpg

if she's selling me 3D I just might buy into it

cj_iwakura said:
Yep, pure Soejima right there. He has his talents.

I really miss the hand-drawn hi res art style he did for Stella Deus and Persona 3. That was where he really shined.

I remember the art being one of the very few good things about Stella Deus

TheSeks said:

Atlus was still releasing entirely new PS2 games in 2008, and you think the NGP is going to stop them from releasing an enhanced port on the PSP? I doubt we even see them touch the NGP for at least 2 years.

cj_iwakura

Stella Deus wasn't a classic, but it was a pretty solid game. Fun combat, good story, great sprite work, gorgeous art.

duckroll

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Atlus was still releasing entirely new PS2 games in 2008, and you think the NGP is going to stop them from releasing an enhanced port on the PSP? I doubt we even see them touch the NGP for at least 2 years.

Yet instead of releasing Devil Survivor Overclocked on the DS so all fans of the original can get the expanded version with the 8th day and fully voiced story scenes, it is a launch window 3DS game which basically takes advantage of none of the 3DS features.

Times have changed, Atlus is now Index Holdings... :(

graywolf323

duckroll said:
Yet instead of releasing Devil Survivor Overclocked on the DS so all fans of the original can get the expanded version with the 8th day and fully voiced story scenes, it is a launch window 3DS game which basically takes advantage of none of the 3DS features.

Times have changed, Atlus is now Index Holdings... :(

would fully voice story scenes have been possible with the DS?

not sure what the difference in storage space between it and the 3DS is when it comes to the games

duckroll

graywolf323 said:
would fully voice story scenes have been possible with the DS?

not sure what the difference in storage space between it and the 3DS is when it comes to the games

Devil Survivor was originally on a 512mbit (64meg) card. DS cards go up to 4gbit (512meg) now. That's well over 400meg of space they have just for voice. You can probably store 10 hours of voice with that, depending on what sort of codecs they use.

graywolf323

duckroll said:
Devil Survivor was originally on a 512mbit (64meg) card. DS cards go up to 4gbit (512meg) now. That's well over 400meg of space they have just for voice. You can probably store 10 hours of voice with that, depending on what sort of codecs they use.

well in that case, damn you Atlus >_<

the only real reason I want a 3DS right now is Devil Survivor Overclocked :-(

Fimbulvetr said:
Hitler, for one, was really just Nyar-man in disguise.

Also the Time Count.

Brown and red eyes, respectively.

Liz, Theo, and Marge all show up in he real world(the former two being optional, the latter not so much).

The Count's eyes are red. My reference is the Persona World Guidance Encyclopedia. Pgs #75 & #122.
The eyes of the shadows while depicted as golden at times also appear similar to the Count's eyes. My page of Reference is #77

The trio who show up in the real world have a defined connection with their place of origin. Their garb and function mirror what purpose they serve and appear similar to their place of origin. Charisma Sensei looks 'wrong' like the big bad's main shadow versions always do. For example, Kashihara Sensei & Tatsu Kun & Maya's Dad.

At the very least the golden eyes represent an otherworldly origin but not specifically one tied to the Velvet Room.

I tend to still think Charisma Sensei is Nyarl.

I've had that book since the day it came out. I also have some other guides with great bits of art that is hard to find in them.

My reference book is here.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
KibblesBits said:
The Count's eyes are red. My reference is the Persona World Guidance Encyclopedia. Pgs #75 & #122.
The eyes of the shadows while depicted as golden at times also appear similar to the Count's eyes. My page of Reference is #77

The trio who show up in the real world have a defined connection with their place of origin. Their garb and function mirror what purpose they serve and appear similar to their place of origin. Charisma Sensei looks 'wrong' like the big bad's main shadow versions always do. For example, Kashihara Sensei & Tatsu Kun & Maya's Dad.

At the very least the golden eyes represent an otherworldly origin but not specifically one tied to the Velvet Room.

I tend to still think Charisma Sensei is Nyarl.

I've had that book since the day it came out. I also have some other guides with great bits of art that is hard to find in them.

My reference book is here.

Persona World Guidance is one of my favorite MegaTen books besides Digital Devil Apocalypse and Kazuma Kaneko Works Vol. 1-3 :D

Very awesome book ;)

Of course I own them all :3

Top Bottom