• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax heads to Europe in November, Sega publishing

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax launches in Europe this November for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 courtesy of Sega.

Atlus and Ark System Works' 2D fighting game expands upon Persona 4 Arena with new characters, including Junepi Iori, Yukari Takeba, Rise Kujikawa and more. Also new is the Shadow type for some characters, which changes the way they fight.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax came out at the end of September in North America. It's already out in Japan. In Europe it'll be available both on disc and as a download.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

will we get the pre order bonuses though?

Yep need to know if there will be preorder bonus otherwise pretty much anyone buying would've imported the US copy at the end of this month.

Zareka

Sticking to my US preorder for this one. I'd love to support this but I just don't have the money. Plus...it's kinda funny how this one gets a timely release when this time it's region free any way.

BUT, if Sega decides to keep releasing Atlus titles you can be I'll be jumping on those. This just came a little bit too late.

Zareka

this, this is they key thing here, I want those tarot cards

Yeah, that too. Without the preorder bonuses I can't see this being much more than something someone might pick up if it catches there eye in a store. Everyone who'd want it will have already imported by that point.

Which is why I really hope Sega isn't using this to gauge interest. It's, imo, the worst title to do that for.

Yeah, that too. Without the preorder bonuses I can't see this being much more than something someone might pick up if it catches there eye in a store. Everyone who'd want it will have already imported by that point.

Which is why I really hope Sega isn't using this to gauge interest. It's, imo, the worst title to do that for.

the worst thing from my perspective is I and others stop getting the US release, find out we in the EU arent getting the pre order bonuses later on and those bonuses have then sold out in the US.

Tidd

WOW! November?
I guess I won't import the US version and support them for more releases. :)

Do we get the tarot cards for the normal version of PQ?

Zareka

the worst thing from my perspective is I and others stop getting the US release, find out we in the EU arent getting the pre order bonuses later on and those bonuses have then sold out in the US.

This is exactly why I'm holding on to my US preorder. There's no way I'm risking all the free stuff we get with that one when there's no guarantee we'll see it with the European release. If they do bring them over, well...I'll have wish they announced this sooner. I've already had my preorder down for a month or so now, so I'm all set for it around the start of October.
Do we get the tarot cards for the normal version of PQ?
As far as I'm aware, we only get the tarrot cards with the
overpriced
LE.

Tidd

As far as I'm aware, we only get the tarrot cards with the
overpriced
LE.

As I thought <.<

So I can import P4AU, get the first half of the tarot cards and can pre-order this ridiculous LE to complete the set, have only half of the set or none of those cards. Great choices lol

Under this circumstances I don't understand why so many of you want the P4AU tarot cards set. Are you really paying this much for the LE of PQ? Or do you have a US 3DS?

crinale

Well obviously Atlus EU was too small so SEGA taking whole Atlus over does have positive effect apparently.
Hopefully from now on Atlus games would get released overseas (especially EU) in more timely manner.

Ashkeloth

An Arc System Works fighting game, coming to Europe in a timely fashion, in physical form as well as digital?

What bizarre world is this and how do I get back home?

Not going to import any more. Day one for sure when it's released to show my full support, even if it ends up with me getting wrecked online by people who can't wait. I can catch up.

Andrefpvs

I mean, it's great that the game is coming out in Europe, and in every other situation I'd just wait and get the PAL version (like I always do), but every other freaking game I want is coming out in November or early December:

ce4cfa9107.png

I think in this case it just makes sense to import the US version. I'm sorry, SEGA, and thanks for bringing the game over. Hey, I'm still getting Miku, so... :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Zareka

Under this circumstances I don't understand why so many of you want the P4AU tarot cards set. Are you really paying this much for the LE of PQ? Or do you have a US 3DS?

I'm purchasing a regular copy of PQ from Game and importing the LE from Video Games +. It still only comes out £5 more expensive than buying straight from here which, frankly, is hilarious. (Fake edit: Scratch that, actually: with the £5 postage to the UK, it's the same price. For two copies of the game. And an import.)

I don't mind paying that much extra since it means none of the LE money goes to NISA. I get the LE, still support the game over here but not their crappy LE business practices. If you want the LE of PQ, you could do the same. I mean, if you'd be paying that price anyway then you might as well give no more than necessary to NISA.
Will double dip. I just can't wait until November to play the game but I like to support them. I'll give a friend the other copy.
That's a good idea, actually. If I have the money I'll get it and hand it over to a friend who'd probably want it. That, or get him to buy it. Thanks for the idea!

Oberon

Banned
Yeah, no thanks
The last time they localised it here they didn't even bother changing the language for the menus. ( in Europe that is)

So guys, why can Sega publish an ASW game so soon after the US release in Europe, but Zen take many months?

Man, it's almost like Zen United are totally incompetent, or something.

Zareka

I'm confused, did they make an announcement regarding Ultimax's release date before or something.

I guess he's referring to the train wreck that was Persona 4 Arena's European release. Took us about 9-10 months to actually see that thing come out over here.

It's a sad time when I read the thread title and end up being surprised that Sega is actually localizing and/or publishing something that isn't Sonic or Aliens.

Top Bottom