• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold Shows up on Play-Asia - PS3 (Region Locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reach out to the truth if old.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold has got a product page up on Play-Asia for the PS3. It's listed as "Compatible with PlayStation 3 (PS3) For JPN/Asian systems only". Pre-ordering hasn't opened yet. The placeholder (?) date is July 2014, which coincides with Atlus's tentative "summer" release.

Edit:
On the product description:

Though not confirmed yet, it has been rumored that this sequel might be region-free, as opposed to Persona 4 Arena which was locked.

There's been no official word for a console release yet.

hohoXD123

not%2Bthis%2Bshit%2Bagain.jpg

Noi

A little quick to the gun on the thread title? On the product description:

Though not confirmed yet, it has been rumored that this sequel might be region-free, as opposed to Persona 4 Arena which was locked.

There's been no official word for a console release yet. Calm yourselves.

Omikaru

I hope Play-Asia is simply assuming it'll be locked as a precaution when taking pre-orders, rather than having factual knowledge of such a lock.

hohoXD123

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/06/atlus-explains-persona-4-arenas-region-lock-expresses-surprise/

"This is NOT the beginning of a new ATLUS policy, nor do we view it as a precedent or a slippery slope," Jabbari said. "If anything, your determination and dedication to what you believe in has certainly stood in the face of that. This is an isolated case, a situation precipitated by a number of factors, some of which are simply out of our North American hands."

Come on Atlus.

I hope Play-Asia is simply assuming it'll be locked as a precaution when taking pre-orders, rather than having factual knowledge of such a lock.
This..
I'm not really interested in this port, but i'll buy it for Collection purpose.. But region lo king again?
Fool me One, shame on me..
Fool me twice? Fuck you :)

Plus smt4 for eu 3ds sooner or later?
Possibly before i die of old age

Biker19

Banned
Lame, Atlus, lame.

You'd better be bringing this out (& Persona 5) to the U.S. if anything.

Edit: Never mind, it was just a placeholder.

I'm going to get flak for saying this, but fuck it I'm gonna say it anyways:

I would be OK with Persona 5 being region-locked if it meant I could get dual-audio in the North American release.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
At least they have shown improvement to some extent, like a timely localisation of SMT4.

I'm going to get flak for saying this, but fuck it I'm gonna say it anyways:

I would be OK with Persona 5 being region-locked if it meant I could get dual-audio in the North American release.

FLAK FLAK FLAK FLAK, seriously dude FLAK

Simzyy

Isn't it Arcs doing? In house Atlus games tend to not be region locked right?

I swear if Persona 5 is region locked I'm going to write a somewhat angry email.

Omikaru

I'd refrain from getting mad about this just yet. Altus said this was not the beginning of a new policy, and if P4G and Dragon's Crown are to be believed, they are sticking to that.

Of course they have form for doing this with the previous Arena, so I can see why people -- myself included -- are on edge about this, but let's not jump to conclusions because an import store said it may or may not be region locked.

SJS

Hey, at least there's a release date for you Persona fans. I'm still waiting on SMT x FE getting any release date whatsoever.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!

I think this is honestly the only reasonable presumption that can be made. I've never heard of Play-Asia actually leaking product details on their pages before; they usually only put pages up for games that are confirmed to be coming out at some point and then just fill out whatever they can using publicly available information. They have some light developer connections, but mostly in so far as they do trade show coverage from time to time; their status as an importer makes me highly doubt they're particularly privy to publisher secrets. Pretty sure they were caught off guard just as much as everyone else when P4A turned out to have the lock and had to scramble to update their pages to reflect that to prevent false advertising. I doubt we'll know anything about region information until closer to release one way or another, which is still a while off.

Chavelo

A little quick to the gun on the thread title? On the product description:

"Though not confirmed yet, it has been rumored that this sequel might be region-free, as opposed to Persona 4 Arena which was locked."

There's been no official word for a console release yet. Calm yourselves.

Huh, well now I feel dumb. Looking forward to see how many in this thread catches that and feels the same.

Or not. TIME TO GET ANGRY, PEOPLE! WHO'S READY TO BOYCOTT THE GAME EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN GET THE GAME TWO WEEKS LATER AND DON'T LIVE IN EUROPE?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom