• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Strikers Sells 2 Million Units Worldwide

capsule_616x353.jpg

Atlus has announced that Persona 5 Strikers has sold over two million units worldwide. Atlus producer Daisuke Kaneda shared a brief message thanking fans for their continued support of the title.

Kaneda’s message has been translated below via our team’s Ryuji:

“Persona 5 Strikers was released on February 20, 2020 [in Japan]. We said at the time that it was rare to have so many 2s, but thanks to all of you, we are now welcoming a new 2. [The game] has sold more than 2 million units worldwide. We could not be happier about the “2” than we are today, thanks to the support of so many people. Thank you very much.

Even recently, I have been watching [Persona 5 Strikers] playthrough videos, and every time, I see so many people enjoying the game while laughing or being moved by the game. I feel so happy that we were able to create this. The passion and technology of everyone at Koei Tecmo Games, Inc. and Omega Force, and the hard work of the ATLUS members who worked together with us, led to this result.

Now that Persona 5 Tactica is about to be released, Joker’s battle continues, but the staff involved and I will take pride in this result and continue to work hard.”

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I was expecting a shameless plug for Tactica in there somewhere. No way that does similar numbers, I've not seen any buzz for it at all and it comes out next week.

Chastten

Banned
Well deserved.

I played this during the summer a few years ago and it turned out the be the absolute perfect summer game because of the setting. In some ways I think this game is better than P5.

Celcius

°Temp. member
P5R and P5S were both awesome. I just don't really have any interest in Tactica though. The art style is what I think kills it for me, plus it just feels like milking at this point. P5 Striker's continuation of the story was great though.

Chukhopops

I prefer Persona 5 Strikers to Persona 5 Royal. I just like the fact

One of the main cast is an actual adult with kid. I could just relate more to that character than the rest of the cast due to his age
I also like that he calls out the hypocrisy of the main cast. That doesn’t really lead to anything story wise but it was interesting.

P5S ended up being my favorite Musou spin-off between the insane soundtrack, story and gameplay. That makes me excited for what they can do in P5T.

Top Bottom