• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Photoprinting question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this year's Christmas one of the gifts I received was a HP Photosmart 7450 photo printer. I printed a few pictures and it works great, but I have one problem. When I want to print out a full, 8.5 x 11 inch photo, it can't, ever. This is the case even after I scale to fit on Adobe Photoshop. There is always a margin at one end, it's the same when I want to print out a full page border in MS Word. Is there any way to remedy this? If so, do tell, please! Thanks in advance.

bjork

Don't photo pages purposely have the one edge that's a tear-away? I think that's why... all the photos I've printed have been that way, anyway.

fumbduck said:
most printers cant print fullbleed like that, you just need to a paper cutter
That's what I figured, and did, but why is that? Is there any way to circumvent this inability? Some sort of download/print template hack maybe?

SickBoy

bjork (EDIT: oops, mean fumbduck) is exactly right.

Most printers have a print range and aren't able to print completely to the end of a page.

At any rate, IMO it's more cost-effective to get prints done professionally. You also eliminate the risk of ink running or fading. (I've seen estimates running from $1.60 to nearly $5 for the ink, let alone about a buck a page for good quality photo paper).

Not to say it's not worth it to use your printer... but you might consider buying prints instead of printing your own for something you want to keep/display permanently.

fumbduck

Banned
probably so it doesnt risk not printing on a page, i dont know if you can trick it into thinking its printing on a larger page, but you risk fucking it up and the picture probably will come out crooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom