• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picto Chat Intergrated into the DS?

neptunes

Unfortunately, the other members of the press and I decided that Pictochat is not very practical if you have to purchase and store the chat game separately and then hope other DS gamers in reach of the Wi-Fi also have got the application. Also, I would hate to switch cartridges every time I want to chat to another DS gamer. This was reason enough for me to ask the Nintendo reps if Pictochat would be integrated into the system without having to buy it. I was happy to hear that Nintendo is in fact thinking about integrating it. However, that was all the information they could slip me. Let’s all cross our fingers, shall we?"

Anyway...let's just hope this happens!

Source: Cube=Europe

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I doubt the program takes that much anyway? I hope they do include it in there, it could act as an AIM-like program for online, and who the hell wants to buy Pictochat seperately?

Culex

Banned
Great if it's included. I doubt it would need that much memory. Text-based messaging with minimal user input doesn't use up much memory.

They didn't "slip" any information to these guys. Everyone who asked Nintendo got that answer. "we're considering it" is not top secret information.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It should be included with a online hub merged in
it would scan the local area and see if anyone else has a DS.
Then it would find out what games the person owns and can play.

neptunes

ok that puts my mind at ease.

maybe e3 was like a practical comment card.

Taking all the comments and concerns of the DS and seeing what they could
do to make it better.

Culex

Banned
neptunes said:
ok that puts my mind at ease.

maybe e3 was like a practical comment card.

Taking all the comments and concerns of the DS and seeing what they could
do to make it better.

Exactly. What better place to fine tune a product than E3?

cvxfreak

I'd rather chat with my cell phone or computer, honestly. I hope Nintendo leaves this out and keep DS costs as low as possible.

aaaaa0

MSN Manager has had picto chat since MSN Messenger 6.0.

It's automatically enabled if install it on a TabletPC.

neptunes

they probably missed my comment and concern!

where.JPG

neptunes said:
that's no excuse.

if they can add a microphone they can add a analog stick.

Maybe they will, the system was not final at E3... It's a long stretch, but we'll never know until we see the final design.

CVXFREAK said:
I'd rather chat with my cell phone or computer, honestly. I hope Nintendo leaves this out and keep DS costs as low as possible.
It's not like having a basic chat program built into some ROM in the system should jack up the price.

Kon Tiki

Banned
aaaaa0 said:
MSN Manager has had picto chat since MSN Messenger 6.0.

It's automatically enabled if install it on a TabletPC.

It had netmeeting long before that. Which is what I like to call pictochat, NetMeeting DS.

StrikerObi said:
They didn't "slip" any information to these guys. Everyone who asked Nintendo got that answer. "we're considering it" is not top secret information.

So true, I actually remember this being posted some time during E3.

ge-man

I'm almost positive that this will be intergrated into the DS hardware. Think about it, there's no other way of going about it that isn't going to be completey impractical.

Top Bottom