• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixeljunk Monsters 2 coming May 25 to Switch, PS4 and Steam (Looks incredible)

bitbydeath

Loved the first game, will buy this day 1.

Pixeljunk Monsters 2 is a tower defense game where you play as Tikiman and build towers to defend your Tiki Hut from the monster hordes.

Key Features
  • Local & Online Play - Maximize the fun by playing with your friends on the couch or with up to 4 players online!
  • Close Encounters - Multiply the suspense by toggling your POV from top-down to an in-your-face view!
  • Fluid and Detailed Graphics - Immerse yourself in an all new world like never before as the HD animation breathes life into Tikiman and the unique maps!
  • The Mask Makes the Tikiman– A mask for any occasion! Customize Tikiman with different masks and shells.

PixelJunk Monsters 2 will be coming to PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam) on May 25 for $14.99! The game will be released digitally on all three platforms.

http://worthplaying.com/article/2018/3/23/news/107920/

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Holy crap I had no idea this was coming out. Wife and I played the hell out of the first one. Can’t wait for some co op.

Grinchy

Banned
When I saw the original announcement, I just kind of assumed it was going to be a quick sequel using the same style as the first one. I had no idea they were doing this much with it. Looks pretty awesome.

ickythingz

Banned
1st one was fun. This could be cool, though I worry we have since been spoiled with tons of great TD games since the the first Pixeljunk Monsters released. Hopefully this delivers. Will grab on PC.

Raoh

Loved the first one, can't wait. I still play this on PSNow.

All I need now is Savage Moon 2.

Last edited:

RpgN

does not look incredible IMHO

Did you play the first one? It’s an incredibly made game that looked simpler than this. This looks different, more ambitious. Maybe not as impressive as modern games but if the gameplay is as good as the first...then that would make it a good sequel.

Kagero

YES!!! No jokes. I write these guys every year begging them to make another Pixel Junk Monsters game. This is like MEGATON WIN E3 announcement to me. So freaking happy right now!

bitbydeath

YES!!! No jokes. I write these guys every year begging them to make another Pixel Junk Monsters game. This is like MEGATON WIN E3 announcement to me. So freaking happy right now!

I mentioned it a few times to Dylan in ‘The Tomorrow Children ‘ thread we had here. Shame that game did not receive the funding it required.

Relativ9

Aah shit. I've been looking for a game to play with my GF as she's gotten more into gaming recently (with lol of all things), it didn't even occur to me to try Pj Monsters until i saw this, that game was fucking fantastic in coop.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Haven't played a TD game in a long time. This one looks good, but if I wanted to play something now, which TD games are generally considered the best?

Kagero

I mentioned it a few times to Dylan in ‘The Tomorrow Children ‘ thread we had here. Shame that game did not receive the funding it required.
I have pixel junk monsters installed on my psp,vita, and PS3. This and Scott Pilgrim are the only games me and wife were able to enjoy together in multiplayer. I just love it! Looking at these videos I'm a bit mixed on it. They've added a lot and I fear that the thing I loved most about this series may have been overlooked. The original game was so accessible because if it's simplicity. This game does not look simple at all. I'm worried.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
This is a nice surprise.

I seem to remember them saying at some point that there wasn't going to be an more PixelJunk games so I'm pleased to hear that isn't true.

Top Bottom