• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games shutting down World of Demons

Holammer

The Apple Arcade exclusive is going away, no news on other ports yet.

giphy.gif

World of Demons will no longer be available to download on Apple Arcade as of January 18, 2024. Please see the schedule below for more details. We extend our gratitude to all players who have enjoyed the game since release.
January 18, 2024: No longer available to download on Apple Arcade.
February 1, 2024: Downloads of the game will become unavailable to play.

Mr.ODST

Artstyle and gameplay looks pretty good, didnt know the game existed atall even as an apple user lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont know how profitable all their traditional action games are, but those games have the most sales and visibility. They should stick to it.

Forget about GAAS, mobile games, that low budget vertical shooter etc....

Then again, maybe their finances are bad and thy had to break out into different kinds of games(?)

The Apple Arcade exclusive is going away, no news on other ports yet.
Neither did I, but I guess as an Apple Arcade exclusive it's no real surprise.
My endless struggle with this service...

file.php

Do I subscribe for a month to try out a game or two, or do I take the 50/50 chance to see if that game will make it to Steam/Switch? The alternative leads to the game being removed from service and me missing that window of time.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
With how Bayonetta 3 turned out and Kamiya gone it won't be much of a loss. We'll, unless an Astral Chain sequel is in the works anyway.
Bayonetta 3 turned out pretty amazing. Wherever such is shown, it essentially has the same critic and user scores as DMCV, an AAA game, a testament to its quality. Add the usual Switch scorn and a few technical issues detracting from scores but not the fun on top and it's one of the best in its genre.

And of course Platinum won't shut down just because of any lackluster game they were commissioned to do, they'll shut down if they can't keep getting more work or given the chance to keep making the great games they are known for like Bayonetta, Astral Chain, Automata and a bunch of others.​

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Considering their other ventures, those game probably don't pay the bills.
My endless struggle with this service...

file.php

Do I subscribe for a month to try out a game or two, or do I take the 50/50 chance to see if that game will make it to Steam/Switch? The alternative leads to the game being removed from service and me missing that window of time.

Just grab a free trial.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Just continues to prove that mobile games aren't worth any time investment if they just get pulled into the void anyway.

Top Bottom