• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Played - Episode 19 w/special Guest Ken Levine!

warcrow

Banned
E19.jpg

http://www.playedpodcast.com/2007-02-14/played-episode-19/

Ken Levine, co-founder of Irrational Games and lead designer of BioShock, joins us to discuss his latest venture. Other things covered in the interview include Ken’s feelings on some anticipated 2007 titles, the potential for a new Thief game (and whether he even likes stealth games to begin with), his feelings on a hypothetical System Shock 3, the deal with Irrational’s Australian studio and how it affects BioShock, his personal design philosophies, what sets BioShock apart from the FPS flock, and much more!

Join us for an hour long chat with one of the industry’s most unique game designers.

Enjoy guys!
-Mark

Gattsu25

Banned
downloading now...and how with the lead designer of Bioshock?

can't wait to put this on my [handheld device of choice removed]!!

warcrow

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
downloading now...and how with the lead designer of Bioshock?

can't wait to put this on my [handheld device of choice removed]!!

Sorry, I don't understand your question. :(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Yay, It's the newest episode of the world's greatest podcast! The clouds are parting, the sun is shining and the angels are singing.... PLAYED!!!!!!!!!!

BTW am i the only one that thinks Ken Levine sounds exactly like Professor Frink?
Frink.gif

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ken Levine is as always, full of win and awesome.

My first played podcast, get some more interesting interviews and I might listen to some more.

warcrow

Banned
Schafer said:
Ken Levine is as always, full of win and awesome.

My first played podcast, get some more interesting interviews and I might listen to some more.

Chris Taylor from Gas Powered Games next week. :D

warcrow

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
FVCKING AWESOME!!!!

I <3 YOU KEN :D

....and the mere mention of a System Shock 3 sends chills down my spine everytime :)

Oh I know. Getting to even mention Thief to him was really awesome!

burnfout

Nice I just listened to the next-gen.biz podcast with Levine, seems like a really great guy!

Lets hear another one!

warcrow

Banned
burnfout said:
Nice I just listened to the next-gen.biz podcast with Levine, seems like a really great guy!

Lets hear another one!

Yea, Ken was great. I was just tellin someone how much of a relaxed interview it was. It was kind of like all 4 of us went out for coffee and sat around talking about games and his views for an hour.

jwj442

Although I'm definitely looking forward to Bioshock, I have a feeling that it won't be as terrifying as System Shock 2 was. And that's what really makes that game memorable for me, how amazingly SCARY it is.

Did Ken mention what the other Irrational team was working on? (Irrational has 2 studios, Boston & Australia . . . Canberra I think)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
speculawyer said:
Did Ken mention what the other Irrational team was working on? (Irrational has 2 studios, Boston & Australia . . . Canberra I think)

Did you listen to the podcast?

Boston is fully commited to Bioshock. Australia is mostly working on Bioshock as well, but has some folks devoted to a project he can't reveal (the classic PC franchise that was hinted at last year).

warcrow

Banned
jwj442 said:
Although I'm definitely looking forward to Bioshock, I have a feeling that it won't be as terrifying as System Shock 2 was. And that's what really makes that game memorable for me, how amazingly SCARY it is.

Yea, a pretty freaky game indeed. But, I have a feeling Ken knows what's up. I'm crossing my fingers.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
jwj442 said:
Although I'm definitely looking forward to Bioshock, I have a feeling that it won't be as terrifying as System Shock 2 was.

I think you'll be pleasantly (unpleasantly?) surprised, then.

Schafer said:
Australia is mostly working on Bioshock as well, but has some folks devoted to a project he can't reveal (the classic PC franchise that was hinted at last year).

Freedom Force confirmed. :D

this was my favourite podcast in a long time, although it was weirdly disheartening to hear he's not a fan of stealth games. at least he respects Garrett.

Luke, whatever happened to getting Levine on 1up Yours?

warcrow

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
this was my favourite podcast in a long time, although it was weirdly disheartening to hear he's not a fan of stealth games. at least he respects Garrett.

Luke, whatever happened to getting Levine on 1up Yours?

Thanks...

warcrow

Banned
Ok, last bump -I promise. I don't want the bumping too get annoying, but it's our biggest episode to date. So, just one more for the weekend!

Top Bottom