• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: January 2024’s top downloads

It’s time to see which PS5, PS4, PS VR2, PS VR, and free-to-play games topped the download charts last month. New release blockbusters and vintage fan favorites are included in January’s PS5 list with Tekken 8 and Grand Theft Auto V both breaking the top five. The PS VR2 list saw Beat Saber rock and roll to the top of the list with the most downloads in both US and EU regions.

Check out the full listings below.

PS5 Games

US/CanadaEU
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IIIGrand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto VEA SPORTS FC 24
Madden NFL 24Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
TEKKEN 8Hogwarts Legacy
NBA 2K24TEKKEN 8
Baldur's Gate 3Baldur's Gate 3
EA SPORTS FC 24Gran Turismo 7
Hogwarts LegacyMarvel's Spider-Man 2
Gran Turismo 7Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
Marvel's Spider-Man 2The Last of Us Part II
The Last of Us Part II RemasteredUFC 5
Hell Let LooseIt Takes Two
UFC 5Prince of Persia The Lost Crown
Like a Dragon: Infinite WealthNBA 2K24
Mortal Kombat 1ARK: Survival Ascended
God of War RagnarökCyberpunk 2077
Avatar: Frontiers of PandoraThe Crew Motorfest
Granblue Fantasy: RelinkELDEN RING
Prince of Persia The Lost CrownNeed For Speed Unbound
ARK: Survival AscendedAssassin's Creed Mirage
*Naming of products may differ between regions
*Upgrades not included

PS4 Games

US/CanadaEU
MinecraftEA SPORTS FC 24
Red Dead Redemption 2Minecraft
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IIINeed for Speed Heat
Need for Speed HeatRed Dead Redemption 2
Batman: Arkham KnightA Way Out
Grand Theft Auto VGrand Theft Auto V
theHunter: Call of the WildHogwarts Legacy
Mortal Kombat XNeed for Speed Payback
EA SPORTS FC 24Batman: Arkham Knight
NBA 2K24Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
A Way OuttheHunter: Call of the Wild
Injustice 2Mortal Kombat X
Gang BeastsCarX Drift Racing Online
Hogwarts LegacyBattlefield V
Overcooked! 2Gang Beasts
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIWRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship
God of War III RemasteredLEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Resident Evil 6Goat Simulator
God of WarSTAR WARS Battlefront II
CarX Drift Racing OnlineResident Evil 6
*Naming of products may differ between regions

PS VR2 Games*

US/CanadaEU
Beat SaberBeat Saber
Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted 2Among Us VR
Among Us VRPavlov
Job SimulatorHorizon Call of the Mountain
PavlovMoss: Book II
Moss: Book IIUltrawings 2
Horizon Call of the MountainJob Simulator
Vertigo 2Kayak VR: Mirage
Ultrawings 2Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted 2
Arizona Sunshine 2Arizona Sunshine 2
*PS Store purchases only. Game upgrades or games bundled with hardware not included

PSVR Games

US/CanadaEU
ASTRO BOT Rescue MissionJob Simulator
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VRASTRO BOT Rescue Mission
SUPERHOT VRBeat Saber
Beat SaberSUPERHOT VR
Job SimulatorBatman: Arkham VR
Surgeon Simulator: Experience RealityMoss: Book II
Arizona SunshineThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Borderlands 2 VRVR Ping Pong Pro
Fruit Ninja VRSurgeon Simulator: Experience Reality
Dead Land VRTitanic VR

Free to Play (PS5 + PS4)

US/CanadaEU
RobloxFortnite
FortniteRoblox
THE FINALSCall of Duty: Warzone
Call of Duty: WarzoneTHE FINALS
Apex LegendsRocket League
Fall GuysFall Guys
Rocket LeagueFortnite Battle Royale
The Sims 4The Sims 4
War ThunderApex Legends
LEGO FortniteeFootball 2024

TLOU 2 Remastered doing well without those who upgraded being counted. Wonder where it would chart if those upgrades were counted. Good to see GT7, BG3, and Spider-Man 2 still killing it.

TLOU 2 Remastered doing well without those who upgraded being counted. Wonder where it would chart if those upgrades were counted. Good to see GT7, BG3, and Spider-Man 2 still killing it.
Pretty sure these are downloads, not just new sales, so those should be included.

Edit: Oh, whoops. Missed the asterisk. Wonder why they wouldn't be included if these are downloads.

Last edited:
Pretty sure these are downloads, not just new sales, so those should be included.

Edit: Oh, whoops. Missed the asterisk. Wonder why they wouldn't be included if these are downloads.
Jfc with these comments. I'm so tired of telling people month after month these are SALES charts, not downloads. These charts don't show what people are downloading from their library. It's just like NPD charts. New purchases for the month only.

Last edited:

So these charts are a combination of both Sales (premium titles sold digitally on PSN) and Downloads (F2P titles). And yeah, upgrades don't count for these charts as they are labeled as DLC.

Edit: Now I'm curious to see if NPD(Circana) will count the TLOU2 upgrades since their charts are based on revenue and not units sold.

Last edited:

tommib

GT7 is a crystallised evergreen for Sony at this point. Game is constantly charting.

Gran Turismo Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

Fake

Good sales overall.

I don't think being at 11º is what we call 'doing well', but anw. Sure legs will tell another story.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
People will cozy up to old games like black ops 3 and Arkham knight because today they’re abandoning good game making practices.
Keeps Going Win GIF by Energizer Bunny

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Good sales overall.

I don't think being at 11º is what we call 'doing well', but anw. Sure legs will tell another story.
Considering you're always in threads downplaying TLOU 2 sales, you're always going to think it's not doing well.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Jfc with these comments. I'm so tired of telling people month after month these are SALES charts, not downloads. These charts don't show what people are downloading from their library. It's just like NPD charts. New purchases for the month only.
Has Sony ever clarified whether these are only sales? I don't doubt that it is driven by sales but I don't think I've ever seen where it is exclusively sales, especially when the blog post explicitly says it includes free to play games. It's ambiguous. Tossing a link to that clarifying information would probably go farther than exasperation.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Has Sony ever clarified whether these are only sales? I don't doubt that it is driven by sales but I don't think I've ever seen where it is exclusively sales, especially when the blog post explicitly says it includes free to play games. It's ambiguous. Tossing a link to that clarifying information would probably go farther than exasperation.
It was called top sales charts years ago. I'm sure it's called "downloads" because it includes FTP games now.

ReBurn

Gold Member
It was called top sales charts years ago. I'm sure it's called "downloads" because it includes FTP games now.
How does that mean that this is only sales and not just the sorted list by number of downloads? If Sony wanted to provide a list of the top selling games on their store they could do just that and call it top selling games.

Last edited:
How does that mean that this is only sales and not just the sorted list by number of downloads? If Sony wanted to provide a list of the top selling games on their store they could do just that and call it top selling games.
I'm not doing this again. People have clarified this to people like you time after time. Like it was stated these charts were called "Top Sellers" in the past and Sony changed the name at one point but nothing changed about how they are counted. There is no value in showing what people are downloading in their libraries month after month. They even have this right in the post *PS Store purchases only. Game upgrades or games bundled with hardware not included

If that were the case, why label them downloads and not sales? Or point out that PSVR titles are sales?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dude no wonder Rockstar doesn’t care when GTA6 comes out, they’re still topping the charts 10 years later lmao

Mr. Mean

Neo Member
It's amazing that GTA V for PS5 is still selling so incredibly well. We're lucky Rockstar even bothered to make a new GTA game when they're still making so much money on an 10+ year old game

Top Bottom