• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokimane is leaving Twitch

near

Gold Member
Even with 90,000 subs, how is giving him a multi-million dollar contract a good investment? Do you know how long he has to keep those numbers up for Twitch to just break even? If he deletes his channel Twitch loses 90,000 x 2,50 per month, which is chump change compared to the millions they would have to pay him to just be on the platform. That's not even factoring in Prime subs.

After 11 years Twitch is still hemorrhaging money. Paying streamers millions of dollars (or even hundreds of thousands) just to stream clearly isn't a winning strategy, and it never was.

I just checked, Pokimane has 1,500 subs. 1500! Why would that warrant a fat contract?
Kai Cenat is a unique streamer in the numbers he pulls in. You have to understand that it's not just about the subs, but also the viewer count, which is required to generate revenue through advertisements. He's performance in the last week alone has generated just under 2 million hours of viewership. This alone generates insane amounts of revenue for Twitch. Since he has started, he's content has been watched for over 207 million hours. This is staggering, and is essentially fame level viewership. Pokimane on the other hand is leaving while she's still known in the Twitch space, without fading into irrelevancy. Controversy after controversy has taken a hit on her subs/viewership. She isn't a safe investment for Twitch.

ZpI5ZV1.png

badblue

I thought she got permanently banned from Twitch a while back for playing Avatar the Last Air bender episodes on stream.

tkscz

I thought she got permanently banned from Twitch a while back for playing Avatar the Last Air bender episodes on stream.
Yeah big twitch streamers don't get perma-banned. Twitch will say they did, but then undo it.

Kenpachii

For some reason I want to mute her everytime she talk. Something about the way she talks makes my ear bleed

Because she's fake as fuck in every way, the way she smiles, talks, acts, and looks.

Just watch this until the end, it just makes your hair on your back crawl upwards.

The reason she looks half asian is because of makeup really.

a7b12-16305612092510-800.jpg

It's well known she was searching for ways out of twitch for a while now because she barely seemed to stream just to probably leech of her contract money that she was still streaming.

Can't blame the hussle tho, she knows what her viewers wants and she delivers it and it paid a good penny for a while.

Because she's fake as fuck in every way, the way she smiles, talks, acts, and looks.

Just watch this until the end, it just makes your hair on your back crawl upwards.

The reason she looks half asian is because of makeup really.

a7b12-16305612092510-800.jpg

It's well known she was searching for ways out of twitch for a while now because she barely seemed to stream just to probably leech of her contract money that she was still streaming.

Can't blame the hussle tho, she knows what her viewers wants and she delivers it and it paid a good penny for a while.

I couldn't even last 30 secs lol

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Top Bottom