• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently hatched a Chancey, 349 CP but 305 HP, with attacks of 15 and 55.

For anyone who has one, how do the fare in gyms? I would think they would be a good defender.

I use chansey to build UP gyms rather than defend them. I thankfully have a 49 cp chansey and if I pair her up with a cp 100 magikarp I put in the gym, I raise the prestige 1000 at a time with very little resources spent

adamy

Banned
moments like this make me feel better about the IV bug

image.png

LucidFlux

Had a Wartortle pop out of 5-6 berried ultra balls, some were curve balls. One was a nice. Changed to a berried great ball and got it first try. 720 CP and a bad evaluation from my team leader.

And this was on the same spot I found a Squirtle earlier today. Ran on the first berried ultra ball.

I think the consensus on the Silph Road was that berries only decrease the chance a pokemon will run after escaping a ball. It won't actually increase the chance to catch it directly.

pringles

So this morning was interesting. So I find this and I'm like "Oh snap"

Arz5I7C.jpg

Then I find him and it's all:

q4RLCiX.jpg

=/

I'm Level 21 and I get this. My sister is Level 16, caught it and hers was 777.

Oh, and that CP 36? Yeah, it ran away,

=/
That sucks. I've had awful luck with the CP of any rare, wild pokemon. Caught something like 4 dragonites, 2 Snorlax and 3 Lapras all when I've been above Level 25, none of them have a higher CP than 1300 and most have been around 300-600.

FX-GMC

When I hit Contribute and Regain Access I get an "not alphanumeric", even though it is.

When I hit Contribute and Regain Access all it does is grey out the button and nothing ever happens. I've tried twice with my phone and twice on a computer (chrome). :(

adamy

Banned
Awww that Vensuar :(

So I am tempted to burn an incense at work, nothing really spawns around here. Did we ever get concrete evidence of the best times to use one?

When moving, that's actually how that venosaur spawned.

It's ideal when you are far from spawn points, but that's a non option for people like me. Moving makes a huge difference though.

It's ideal when you are far from spawn points, but that's a non option for people like me. Moving makes a huge difference though.

Were you just walking? I did that last night with one near my house on a walk and it didn't seem to spawn anymore than usual and it was all damn pidgeys >.>

Firemind

Recently hatched a Chancey, 349 CP but 305 HP, with attacks of 15 and 55.

For anyone who has one, how do the fare in gyms? I would think they would be a good defender.
Chanseys are amazing for training gyms. You can easily get 1000 prestige with one battle. So I'm collecting them all. Probably gonna train one in the future to be a bit more robust.

Hycran

Banned
Yeah that's the thing about Gyarados is first of all it takes you forever to get to the point, and I've never seen a Magikarp over 200 CP. Think your best bet is hoping one pops up in the wild.

I'm level 26 and my gyrados was 1900 or so from a 173 magikarp. Keep in mind that magikarp are easy to catch and pump gyrados CP quite high per upgrade. Once i get some stardust I can buff mine accordingly

adamy

Banned
Were you just walking? I did that last night with one near my house on a walk and it didn't seem to spawn anymore than usual and it was all damn pidgeys >.>

I was on a bus. Shit spawns so quickly you just need to wait and choose your battles

Biking works great, walking is good too

Sitting still is pretty awful

(mat)

My brother managed TWO Dragonites this way. I don't even have one!

l0MYO2n5gU3tz6yGI.gif

That sucks. I've had awful luck with the CP of any rare, wild pokemon. Caught something like 4 dragonites, 2 Snorlax and 3 Lapras all when I've been above Level 25, none of them have a higher CP than 1300 and most have been around 300-600.

Lol yes it does. Feels like this doesn't it?

IgMyx.gif

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The gym closest to work was on fire right now, kept switching between Valor and Instinct. Didn't see who was actually playing since the square was full of people, but I went there to get the bonus and ended up helping my Instinct bros in the fight.

edit: now it's turning into team Mystic too haha

Any of you ever use an item by mistake? The app can be so laggy sometimes. I was scrolling through my items, and by accident I activated a lucky egg -__- I made the most of it and evolved what I had, but that's one precious egg wasted lol

All the time. It sucks indeed, you'll be better without lucky eggs in your inventory (you should spend coins on one only when you are about to use it).

Jay RaR

Finally caught enough Pikachus to get Raichu.

The last Pikachu I caught gave me so much trouble, like 7 berries and 7 Ultra Balls to catch a 470 CP. Like, really? Really? Really?

The previous one wasn't so bad, 1 Ultra and 1 berry.

Chanseys are amazing for training gyms. You can easily get 1000 prestige with one battle. So I'm collecting them all. Probably gonna train one in the future to be a bit more robust.

I have almost 180k stardust right now(waiting for the right pokemon to use it on). Is it worth powering the Chansey up at all? It's not far from max for my level(23) so it wouldn't use much stardust.

I am starting to hate the moon shot ball, it was funny the first few times but I nearly touch the screen an my Ultra Ball is wasted because it launched into orbit ffs

I have almost 180k stardust right now(waiting for the right pokemon to use it on). Is it worth powering the Chansey up at all? It's not far from max for my level(23) so it wouldn't use much stardust.

No, not really. It doesn't get any better honestly. Not worth the stardust. It won't help it take on better Pokemon because, after a point, the CP difference is too much and Chansey can't tank the damage AND dish it back because the DPS difference is too much.

scotcheggz

Are the servers having problems? Went to play and kept being told to try a different account, signes out and now all I get is 'unable to authenticate' message.. Bummer, was about to walk into town centre.

Firemind

No, I wouldn't do it until I have like 500k stardust lol. It's only useful for taking on sub 1k cp mons.

GulAtiCa

I like that pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator now takes into account the new Appraise functionality. Helps to narrow things down. Even more if you mentally take into account what exactly they say.

AdanVC

Guys, still no 3rd party tracking websites working??? I feel blind now without them. There could be a Snorlax few blocks away from me and I will never know :'(

So this morning was interesting. So I find this and I'm like "Oh snap"

http://i.imgur.com/Arz5I7C.jpg[/IG]

Then I find him and it's all:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/q4RLCiX.jpg[/MG]

=/

I'm Level 21 and I get this. My sister is Level 16, caught it and hers was 777.

Oh, and that CP 36? Yeah, it ran away,

=/[/QUOTE]

I like that insane contrast of Pokémon. A damn spearow, a basic as hell pidgey and then OH SNAP A FREAKING GYARADOS. But maaaan! 36 cp and it ran away!? My god I would have throw the phone so hard... I feel you :( Hope you can catch one soon!

Finally caught enough Pikachus to get Raichu.

The last Pikachu I caught gave me so much trouble, like 7 berries and 7 Ultra Balls to catch a 470 CP. Like, really? Really? Really?

The previous one wasn't so bad, 1 Ultra and 1 berry.

the cp multiplier for Pikachu is very high though...a 470 Pikachu could end up giving like a 1500 raichu so it makes sense he is pretty hard to get

edit:

my top

Screenshot_20160825_083948.png

I'm an oddish away from vile plume so I'm a bit excited about that.

HardRojo

Came down from the plane for my 5 day long vacation with some friends, went to the nearest mall to stock up on alcohol and other stuff before heading to the beach house, and this fucker appears nearby, sadly I couldn't track it down :(

v40oGtd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom