• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT| Ultra Beasts and where to find them

Illucio

Banned
My connection got disrupted on the GTS and it won't let me log back in, it tells me to try later. It's officially been 2 hours now, wtf GameFreak?

Type2

Is there a reason to be afraid of using the qr scans to find special pokemon if i dont have access to a whole island yet? Is it possible it spawns somewhere that I wouldnt be able to get to?

Totem lurantis was rough. Every time I thought I had it figured out, it had another trick up its sleeve. My face when it uses a held item to instant solar blade. My face when trumbeak confuses me, giving it time to charge its solar blade. My face when castform of all Pokemon comes out and uses sunny day, giving it more instant solar blade AND stronger healing.

In the end I had to poison it, and stall it out of all its synthesis PP.

Teknoman

Yep, he's a little rare.

Pro tip: When you get Magby lower his HP and have him keep calling for allies, there is a large chance for him to call a Magmar instead.

Damn it, and of course I thought a fire fang would leave a little hp.

Nope.

EDIT: Snagged one with a well placed bug bite. Called for help a couple times, but to no avail.

Teknoman

Crap, so Battle Spot random free doesnt auto level pokemon? Does it down-lvl them to 50 then? Because I just got stomped by some guy from Japan heh.

Just beat main story. I have to say, the
Champion
was a surprise, though I knew it was bullshit that
it would be that easy. Obviously there's a Champion - just didn't expect it to be him lol.

Idk why people keep talking about multiverses lol.

Each game takes place after the last. Regardless of whether there are multiverses or not, that's a useless conversation because there are no parallel events happening. Unless we're talking about the opposite versions, in which case - still useless.

Because then the differences are tantamount to "and then a different legendary showed up."

Long story short, Sun and Moon take place after every other game in the series. That simple.

Aleh

Each game takes place after the last. Regardless of whether there are multiverses or not, that's a useless conversation because there are no parallel events happening. Unless we're talking about the opposite versions, in which case - still useless.

Because then the differences are tantamount to "and then a different legendary showed up."

Long story short, Sun and Moon take place after every other game in the series. That simple.
But Anabel...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

ok so when does ORAS happen and ruby/sphire ;)

Nope. Sun/Moon take place in the Mega Universe, where only X/Y, ORAS, S/M, and I assume the Pokemon Origins Special are canon to it. What happens with Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova in the Mega Universe are unknown.

Anywayz: 28 hours in and did the sixth trial. After getting Mimikyu I have my final single player team:

Popmaid the Primerina
Pikaboo the Mimikyu
Surfachu the Raichu
Bouncie (not my name) the Tarserina
Firelit the Salazzle
Pikingpek the Toucannon

Dunno what I'll use for my comp team. Hell I was never planning on using the last three in sp but here we are. If I can I'll try to use my Primerina, Raichu, and Toucannon. I actually won online against a team with two legendaries. :O

Edit: Also how do I reset EVs in this game?

Is there a reason to be afraid of using the qr scans to find special pokemon if i dont have access to a whole island yet? Is it possible it spawns somewhere that I wouldnt be able to get to?

Yes. I did an island scan as soon as I got to Akala and the Pokémon it spawned was on route 8. No way to reach there in an hour

pariah164

After a day of leveling, my current party:

- Artemis, the Sassy Decidueye, Level 49
- Piper, the Mild Raichu, Level 47
- Fauna, the Naughty Tsareena, Level 44
- Wilma, the Hasty Wishiwashi, Level 47
- Victoria, the Serious Vulpix, Level 37
- Widowmaker, the Hasty Salazzle, Level 43

Also,
Spirit Shackle is amazing you guys.

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay so let me get this straight...

The Ultra Beasts have coded designations, but they all have their own proper Pokemon names. Right.

The Tapus all share the first name but no evolutionary link. They've got typing and thematic similarities so that makes sense, like the -us legendaries from Gen V.

Type: Null is... Type: Null. But weirdly it evolves into a Pokemon with a normal name. I get the name origins, but it doesn't have a normal Pokemon name like the UBs. It's just forever Type: Null. A Pokemon with a colon in the name.

EV training for special attack. Is haunter really the best way for this????

Really a pain to fight

Try Gastly in the Hau'oli Cemetary or Psyduck in Brooklet Hill if Haunter is causing too many issues. They'll give less EVs, but if the Haunter fights are taking too long you might as well go to a faster method.

Desmond

Just hit 8 hours so I decided to do the first trial. No hassle whatsoever.

Also, when is a good time to evolve a Pikachu in these games? Still need to find a thunder stone though.

Crayolan

Okay so let me get this straight...

The Ultra Beasts have coded designations, but they all have their own proper Pokemon names. Right.

The Tapus all share the first name but no evolutionary link. They've got typing and thematic similarities so that makes sense, like the -us legendaries from Gen V.

Type: Null is... Type: Null. But weirdly it evolves into a Pokemon with a normal name. I get the name origins, but it doesn't have a normal Pokemon name like the UBs. It's just forever Type: Null. A Pokemon with a colon in the name.

The weird thing about Type: Null is that
it's explained that the evolved form is "Type: Full" yet it still has a normal name
. If that's the case, why doesn't Type: Null get a regular name?

ZeroX03

Banned
The weird thing about Type: Null is that
it's explained that the evolved form is "Type: Full" yet it still has a normal name
. If that's the case, why doesn't Type: Null get a regular name?

Pokedex entry for the evo is
Although its name was Type: Null at first, the boy who evolved it into this form gave it the name by which it is now known"
, that still doesn't really excuse the first form not having a name. Weird.

vall03

What Pokemon are you guys using for chaining Dittos? Thinking of chaining now, but I might just catch one now and then just get all natures later in the game.

Razmos

p1m7R1e.jpg

Chains in SuMo are like in ORAS, they effect Shinies, IVs and the possibility of HAs. They also give boosted EVs for training.
I'm kinda new when it comes to all that (the most I've done with Pokémon is breed for a good nature and EV training in Soul Silver. A cursory search into chaining showed me that I have a lot to learn. I probably won't delve into this too much until I'm near the end game, but how do I make the optimal Smeargle for this? Are TMs consumed upon use or have they changed that? And where can I check IVs in game? Sorry for all the questions but thanks for the help!

Top Bottom