• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police: Man wearing watermelon on his head arrested in Louisa Sheetz robbery

Bullet Club

Police: Man wearing watermelon on his head arrested in Louisa Sheetz robbery

iE5Db0B.jpg

Nearly everybody is wearing a face mask these days, following recommendations to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
But despite everything seen in the past two months, the two melonheads who walked into the Louisa Sheetz on May 6 would have turned some heads.

The Louisa Police Department posted a news release on its Facebook page Saturday seeking information about two people who donned hollowed-out watermelons with holes cut out for their eyes and entered the store at 9:35 p.m. May 6.

The post asked for help locating the two people in connection to a larceny at the store, although it’s unclear what was allegedly stolen.

However, according to a dispatcher with the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office, one of the people in the photo was arrested earlier in the week. After inquiries from The Daily Progress, the post was updated to say an arrest has been made.

The dispatcher, who did not give their name, would not provide the name of the person arrested. The dispatcher said the arrest occurred “a few days ago” and that only one person was arrested. They did not say whether that person has been charged in connection to the alleged larceny or in any other crime.

Comments on the Facebook post were full of photos from other people who apparently had seen the duo elsewhere in town.
It’s unclear if police are searching for the other person from the photo. However, the post says that anyone with information on the two people or their whereabouts are asked to contact Officer Taylor at (540) 967-1234, to call Crime Solvers at 1 (800) 346-1466 or to visit louisatown.org/report-a-crime.

Source: The Daily Progress

That’s a great idea really. Ain’t shit getting through that watermelon skin. I’m gonna have the wife make a couple of these for us to use.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
What the fucking fuck?

Man all I can think about is how easy robbery must be to get away with these days and these idiots go and put a fucking melon on their heads to stand out lol

MaestroMike

Gold Member
^^ Yeah I feel like now would be a good time for criminals to rob a bank while it is socially acceptable/required to wear masks.

Top Bottom