• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police Officer Accused of Using Excessive Force on High Schooler

Beefy

A police officer is accused of using excessive force when handling a student at Woodland Hills High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on April 3.

Civil rights attorney Todd Hollis, who represents Que'chawn Wade, 14, released surveillance footage from the school on Tuesday, May 2, as part of the court proceedings.

The footage shows officer Steve Shaulis from Churchill Police Department pull Wade by his collar after the teen ”called him a vile name," according to Hollis. Wade said he was punched and lost a front tooth, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

More students come forward alleging abuse at Woodland Hills

An attorney representing two students who claim they were abused by administrators at Woodland Hills High School said Tuesday that two more students have come forward with similar stories.

Todd Hollis, who represented an unidentified student earlier this year after the student recorded high school Principal Kevin Murray threatening to ”knock his ... teeth" down his throat, said his office was contacted by federal investigators last week who are looking into ”incidents of abuse" at Woodland Hills High School.

”Four kids have been injured as a result of some conduct by one or more administrators at the high school," Mr. Hollis said.

Link to incident in 2015:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/859597531298369537

Disgusting this shit goes on, the 14yr old isn't even treat like a human.

Link to another incident 2017:

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Fucking disgusting. The kid is literally just sitting their waiting. Probably thought "If I just go with it I'll be alright" Proceeds to get choked and slammed on his face.

I definitely see this cop getting fired. There's not even another view you can see this from. Simply an unprovoked attack on a kid.

SheHateMe

I guess I fucked up by having kids, man. My children can't do shit in this country.

Add waiting patiently to that list of things black people can't do.

Fucking disgusting. The kid is literally just sitting their waiting. Probably thought "If I just go with it I'll be alright" Proceeds to get choked and slammed on his face.

I definitely see this cop getting fired. There's not even another view you can see this from. Simply an unprovoked attack on a kid.

Back in reality land the worst case scenario for the cop is keeping his pension and getting a raise two towns over after a paid vacation.

Ray Wonder

Back in reality land the worst case scenario for the cop is keeping his pension and getting a raise two towns over after a paid vacation.

There's always something that the cop can argue. "He had something that looked like a gun" "He made a sudden movement" "blah blah"

Not this time, and It's 100% proven. This is literally him just waiting in a lobby.

There's always something that the cop can argue. "He had something that looked like a gun" "He made a sudden movement" "blah blah"

Not this time, and It's 100% proven. This is literally him just waiting in a lobby.

We have video of cops shooting people on the ground or in the back who were unarmed and NOTHING happened to said cops.

This would be a huge exception of he was even disciplined beyond a paid vacation.

Ray Wonder

We have video of cops shooting people on the ground or in the back who were unarmed and NOTHING happened to said cops.

This would be a huge exception of he was even disciplined beyond a paid vacation.

There seems to always be a tiny smidgen of something that the cops use to excuse their behavior. Even the tiniest thing is enough to get cops off, as we've seen. There's nothing here.

Op that video is apparently from a 2015 incident

The same officer here in 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYLQzlP9aD0

Oh wait, so nothing happened to the cop in 2015?

Nvm, I was being whimsically optimistic I guess

If that first YouTube comment on the 2017 video is right. That's extremely fucked up.
Edit: The 2015 video is worse.

Then people wonder why these kids grow up and become the people who harm cops.
I've been lucky to experience caring and compassionate cops that do community outreach when I was in middle/high school.

But after moving to the city for college, I've been mistreated 5 times already. I know good cops are out there. My fear is that these kids will not.

Got

Banned
"Yah, I'll wait for more information before saying much. That article is pretty lax on actual details and seems primed just to spark some outrage and snag early clicks."

Brinbe

What the fuck... Pieces of fucking garbage. I can only imagine the outrage if this were white kids being treated like this.

I hope the administration doesn't get off scott free either. They encouraged the dopey officer to have the authority to do vile shit like that. In all likelihood they have a horrible line of authority starting with the principals. Literally the laziest, most ridiculous way to deal with behavioral issues

Ray Wonder

These situations can be handled without cops.

Put the liability on the teachers/staff? That doesn't sound like a fun time for them. The fights at my school were like 2-10, 170± lb guys fuckin each other up. I bet those teachers didn't sign up for that duty.

I'm sure the kid was no angel. Maybe we should give the cop a break?

Typical situation of being aggressive with a citizen while no one is around, bate them to try and struggle, then when people show up they think its someone that did something wrong.

Top Bottom