• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PR) "Alien Hominid" Lands on PS2 and GC (no Xbox for joo)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“Alien Hominid” Lands on
PlayStation®2 Computer Entertainment System and Nintendo GameCube™

One of the Most Popular Internet Games of this Millennium Coming in a Bigger, Better Form!

SANTA CLARA, CA - (July 30, 2004)- O~3 Entertainment, an interactive entertainment publishing and distribution company, today announced it is taking custody of “Alien Hominid,” a short yellow alien with spherical black beady eyes, three teeth, and a little green gun. O~3 and game developer, The Behemoth, intend to feature Alien Hominid in its very own videogame for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo GameCube™.

Alien Hominid, is the debut console title from O~3 Entertainment, and developer, The Behemoth. It is an evolution of classic 2D side-scrolling platform shooters, blending old school play mechanics with stunning hand drawn graphics (in other words, it looks pretty AND plays great).

Born on the internet in 2002, a prototype version of Alien Hominid has become one of the most downloaded games of all time, with over six million downloads from the entertainment portal www.newgrounds.com, the first of hundreds of websites now mirroring the prototype.

“We were immediately attracted to this game after seeing the prototype on the web,” commented Bill Gardner, CEO of O~3. “There’s a good reason why this game has over six million downloads – it’s truly original and addictive.”

About the Game
While joy riding in its new spaceship, Alien Hominid crash lands in front of FBI headquarters, and narrowly escapes with only its alien hide. Alien Hominid must find its spaceship and get off this rock before its vicious human enemies find it and cart it off to Area 51. Along the way A.H. relies on its deadly melee skills and advanced weapons to out smart the ever-cunning enemies who want to probe it for alien secrets.

About Alien Hominid
Although half the size of a fully grown human, Alien Hominid has a voracious capacity to digest human skulls and is an expert marksman. The FBI and their mechanical marvels have been designed to keep A.H. from retrieving its UFO, but it will not be deterred. Hominid befriends the most unlikely of humans, who aid it with insane weapon upgrades. Alien Hominid will shoot, bomb, toss, eat and slash anything in its path – and bring on the heat in multiplayer co-op mode at any time.

About O~3 Entertainment
O~3 Entertainment is an interactive publishing and distribution company, established to bring to the retail marketplace dynamic videogames from independent studios located all over the world. The company has been founded by a group of highly experienced game industry veterans. O~3 Entertainment is based in Santa Clara, California. For more information visit www.o3entertainment.com.

About The Behemoth
The Behemoth (www.thebehemoth.com) is a San Diego, California development house created by experienced console developers. The company creates fun, collectable console games. One of the Behemoth’s founders, Tom Fulp, also owns and runs the popular entertainment portal www.newgrounds.com.”

Editors Note: For more information about Alien Hominid go to www.alienhominid.com

Guess that answers everyone's question about a potential Xbox version. Oh and I can't provide a "link" because I'm the source. I'm on their mailing list ;)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hmm, I wonder why they are not bringing it to the xbox.

I can't help but wonder if its beacuse of MS approval...
Which is ironic cause Sony gets bashed in that regard all too often

Vashu

It's a 2D-side scrolling shooter, you can play the flash version on Newgrounds, and you can find a link to it on The official Alien Hominid Website. Edit: A Society already got the Newgrounds link. :)

It's a pretty tricky game though, but enjoyable nonetheless. It did suprise me that a 2D game like this actually got Sony's approval.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Vashu said:
It's a 2D-side scrolling shooter, you can play the flash version on Newgrounds, and you can find a link to it on The official Alien Hominid Website. Edit: A Society already got the Newgrounds link. :)

It's a pretty tricky game though, but enjoyable nonetheless. It did suprise me that a 2D game like this actually got Sony's approval.

I'm not.
While no price is listed, sony seems to care mostly about value versus price.
I'm gonna guess the price will be $20-30.

Take for example Growlancer and $50
Working Designs was going to release them seperatly for 50 each.
Which for old old games is pretty crappy.

I will admit that some of the games not approved do not make any sense, but we don't know the whole story either.

Suikoguy said:

Its for kids.....anyway the video at their website looks wicked, this is gun star heroes meets metal slug.....

Gattsu25

Banned
First time I'm hearing of it, as well

played it for a minute and had to save it...found the direct link and posted it here for good measure

the game does kick much ass

Suikoguy

Where are people getting "kids game" and "cute" from?
Based on the inteview,
Sure "it" looks cute in still screens, but download the movies :)
I found it quite vicious and bloody

Matlock

Banned
It's cutesy, but it's far from being for kids. Violence alone should net the title a firm M rating, what with the splashing blood and decapitations and nng-laven.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
YAY!!! The website says they are targeting a Thanksgiving release. I'm buying this one ASAP (for GC).

cubicle47b said:
It's a fun game but original? It's Metal Slug with a cute little alien (minus the tank).

Actually there are vehicles (including a tank) that you can use in the game too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DopeyFish said:
WTF is alien hominid?

Never heard of it.

http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8118

922129_20040729_screen003.jpg

922129_20040729_screen001.jpg

BuddyC

Product sheet go.
Publisher: O~3 Entertainment Inc.
Developer: The Behemoth
Release: Fall 2004
Platform: PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo GameCube™
Category: Fighting
Rating: Teen (Expected)
Number of Players: Multiplayer

Alien Hominid, is the debut console title from O~3 Entertainment, and developer, The Behemoth. It is an evolution of classic 2D side-scrolling platform shooters, blending old school play mechanics with stunning hand drawn graphics (in other words, it looks pretty AND plays great).

Born on the internet in 2002, a prototype version of Alien Hominid has become one of the most downloaded games of all time, with over six million downloads from the entertainment portal www.newgrounds.com, the first of hundreds of websites now mirroring the prototype.

About the Game
While joy riding in its new spaceship, Alien Hominid crash lands in front of FBI headquarters, and narrowly escapes with only its alien hide. Alien Hominid must find its spaceship and get off this rock before its vicious human enemies find it and cart it off to Area 51. Along the way A.H. relies on its deadly melee skills and advanced weapons to out smart the ever-cunning enemies who want to probe it for alien secrets.

About Alien Hominid
Although half the size of a fully grown human, Alien Hominid has a voracious capacity to digest human skulls and is an expert marksman. The FBI and their mechanical marvels have been designed to keep A.H. from retrieving its UFO, but it will not be deterred. Hominid befriends the most unlikely of humans, who aid it with insane weapon upgrades. Alien Hominid will shoot, bomb, toss, eat and slash anything in its path – and bring on the heat in multiplayer co-op mode at any time.

Appealing to both men and women, delivering tremendous gameplay and set in a diverse and visually sensational universe, Alien Hominid will be one of the year's sleeper hits.

Features
• Blast through level after level of stunning hand drawn art
• Intense multiplayer arcade action
• Take down your enemies in a variety of ways with a wide assortment of alien melee attacks
• Experience a fully interactive world teeming with dynamic enemies and unique bosses
• NPC A.I. so real you'd think it was human
• Plenty of mini games and alternate gameplay modes bring players back again and again
• Huge existing fan base and over 6 million prototypes of the game have been
downloaded

Suikoguy said:

The developer may feel that the Xbox's demographic doesn't fit the game and decided that it stands a better chance at success on the two other platforms that have a more varied demographic. But that's just my guess. I don't really think this game would do well on Xbox simply because it would get dismissed as kiddie based on face value.

jarrod

Banned
Suikoguy said:
Take for example Growlancer and $50
Working Designs was going to release them seperatly for 50 each.
Which for old old games is pretty crappy.
They weren't that old, just 2 years... which isn't exactly unheard of for niche localizations. Compare that to Magic Knight Rayearth (4+ years) or something.

IJoel

Suikoguy said:

WTF?

Game not on Xbox... hhmm... CONSPIRACY! IT'S BECAUSE MS' APPROVAL!

You really jump hoops to find xbox faults even for games not on Xbox. Man, it's insane the lengths some people go to, to try to point negatives/bash systems.

jedimike

I should know this, but wasn't O~3 founded by some ex-MS guys? The name sounds familiar.

Can't really blame them for not doing an Xbox version... I don't think it fits the demographic very well.

jarrod

Banned
Well, Microsoft did block Castle of Shikigami back when BAM! submitted the XBox version for approval in 2002...

jarrod

Banned
jedimike said:
Can't really blame them for not doing an Xbox version... I don't think it fits the demographic very well.
Metal Slug 3 managed 40k... that's pretty decent. I think there'll probably be an XBox release anyway.

BuddyC

jedimike said:
I should know this, but wasn't O~3 founded by some ex-MS guys? The name sounds familiar.

I know the main guy behind it used to be at Capcom. Let me see what I can dig up.

O~3 Entertainment has been founded by Gardner and two former Capcom associates, Chris Jelinek, who is the new company's Vice President of Sales & Marketing, and Hanako Watanabe, O~3's CFO. Gardner has more than 20 years experience in the consumer business, overseeing more than $250 million in international annual sales. He was previously responsible for start-up operations of Panasonic in the U.S. and Capcom in Europe. Together the founding managers of O~3 Entertainment have experience in all areas of video game development, retailing, publishing and distribution.

jarrod

Banned
O~3 was founded by former Capcom USA staff, says so on their site. I've never heard of any MS connection...

Is it better than this game though? I'm sure that games price will be better,but what of its quality overall? Its tough to beat a good Metal Slug game here. I just hate the price on the game.

241716.jpg

jedimike

jarrod said:
O~3 was founded by former Capcom USA staff, says so on their site. I've never heard of any MS connection...

thx for the info guys. I was thinking it was the company that Seamus founded, but later left.

Top Bottom